Official Costco Thread

Mountain View got a bunch of bordeauxs in.
12 echo de lynch bages - $35
12 Taillefer -$20
12 le petite haut laffite - $22
12 Beaumont - $13
10 barde-haut - $37

1 Like

I meant halves, my apologies.

Costco has eight regional buyers and each is pitched individually…from there you can talk about which stores the product goes into…I find actually find myself asking more often to NOT include stores that I think won’t move the product because, when you get product hung up in Costco, that ties the buyers hands from adding other SKU’s, most likely from you. As you can imagine, their offerings are very tightly managed.

Do your wines ever make it to Atlanta? Can’t say I’ve ever seen them here

Not to Costco in that area in many many years…buyers call out of Florida. Website best option for GA as we are licensed to ship there. Mix-and-match a case and its $10/case shipping in continental US. When we release new wines there is a 15% discount as long as you add one bottle of the new release. Put a bottle of the just released Lot 605 Howell Mountain Cab for $35 in your case and you’ll trigger the 15% discount at checkout. Cheers,
CH

Ravenswood Teldeschi 2012 at Livermore Costco for $19.99.

But, I pretty much cleaned them out last night. Possibly other locations might have some.

Love that price. I would have done the same. Nice purchase!

1 Like

I’ve more or less given up on the Costco near me (Bloomingdale in the Chicago area). Haven’t seen anything of note in a few years now…unless I’m just not going enough… Or they’ve given up because there are so many Binny’s stores in the Chicago area.

Roederer Estate Anderson Valley Sparkler $17.99 (occasionally on promo for $15.89)

Not bad at 15.89. Morelli’s in St. Paul will have it at 15.99 on occasion and Total Wine and Haskell’s will price match.

1 Like

Total Wine in the Twin Cities is killing Costco. Much larger selection and similar prices if not better. Costco struggles in my opinion due to the fact they have people that don’t have a clue about wine. They need to hire a wine expert that can rebrand what they are doing.

Nice 2014 Tensley Syrah for $20 south of Denver Costco. Not amazing deal, but pretty darn good!

Not bad at all!

Really depends on which bottling we are talking about.

I’ve only tried the 2013. Thought it was a straightforward SB Syrah and a good QPR.

The TW in our region appears to send someone to Costco and match their pricing on most of the larger, mass production stuff (Veuve Clicquot, Mondavi lineup). However Costco still gets enough interesting stuff that turns over that I still end up going in there way more than TW.

Plus TW doesn’t have pet food.

Brea/La Habra Costco -
2005 Potensac -$34

Question for the folks in Dallas. Which locations here have the best selections? I go to the W Plano location and they don’t seem to keep that diverse of a selection rotating frequently. It’s always the same crap I don’t want to buy.

None I suppose. I live out in the sticks and usually go to Duncanville or Arlington. I went to west Plano to get the original “Match dump” and that store had basically the same as the ones down here. Landreth found some Jonata at north Ft. Worth last year other than that they didnt have much. My niece lives by the new on one in Frisco I went there once, it was a living nightmare will never go back, bought some Chappellet which I’d never seen before.
Tex gets around to a lot of them, maybe he’ll post some advice. The only other one I regularly go to is in Dana Point and their selection just kills texas, they have half bottles, Sauternes, Tokaji, high end Cali, high end Italy, great Chards, mags.

This one: 2014 Tensley Syrah, USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County - CellarTracker
CT TNs definitely show it to be a decent QPR. I’ll hopefully try this weekend and add my TN to CT.

If you mean Dana Point, CA – that’s one of the wealthiest communities around so that selection makes sense there. Quite a bit of differences even among our local ones.

Last year I visited one in Kalispell, MT (cheap lift tix for The Big Mtn!) and was surprised to see so many Washington wines.