Official WTSO thread

'05 Giacosa Falletto Barbaresco Asili up now for $100.

Damn… [head-bang.gif] …wish I did not see this …
had to grab couple…

Smokin’ deal for '05 Asili Giacosa @ $99. Nabbed some. Best WS price is $145.

I also poached a few of these, and a couple of the '05 Barolo twofers in October.

Perhaps it’s better not to look a discounted horse in the mouth, but… who can explain why these wines were offered here, and in sufficient quantities that I’m pretty sure they stayed up for quite a few hours in each case?

If you watch this & other flash sites for a while, most offerings fall into a handful of obvious cases:

• price corrections for stuff which understandably didn’t sell at its opening retail ask
  • fire sales when a producer changes importers
  • bottlings and producers offered by a flash site every vintage, usually for a modest discount vs. regular retail

But why all this Giacosa on 'tso?

Have bought lots of great stuff at ridiculous prices over the years. Have no idea why and how they can it. I have bought several vintages of Petrus from them at unreal prices. Go figure.

How does Premier Cru offer similar deals?

Q: What do you get when you breed an elephant with a rhinoceros?

A: Elephino.

I would have gone with rhinophant.

I’ve not heard of this Platinum Member status, but I’ve called them a few times looking for wines that they offer on a regular basis and they’ve taken my order. They even sent me an inventory list of stuff they had post-Magnum Madness one time showing stuff that was left. They’re pretty accomodating there.

Update: I asked Customer Service and I’m now in the Platinum club. Apparently, all you have to do is ask.

I just picked up some more of the Montaudon 2002 champagne which is a steal at $29 delivered with minimum of 4.

1 Like

Managed to score some of the two-pack Veuve Clicquot magnums before it went away quickly. The two pack was one magnum of the VC Yellow Label and one magnum of the Brut Rose for $189.99 delivered. While VC isn’t my favorite champagne, it’s hard to argue with that deal.

'12 Keating Zinfandel Buchignani Vineyard are up there now for $20.

January 20th for something that sounds a lot like a LBW marathon. Combined orders and free shipping.

What if someone has a marathon sale and nobody shows up?

Jonathan H. Newman would be 97 points on that.

I bought some Joly Coulee Serrant

More Giacosa for me.

Virginie Alandraud and Ornello.

And then it was over…
Didn’t see much, if anything.