Official WTSO thread

Glad to see this…I never realized that there was a WTSO thread on WB. I guess I’ll have to bookmark it.

Or subscribe to the thread - even better!

As long as you are prepared to reject 50 wines for every worthwhile offer that fits your taste.

P Hickner

You can always call them if you find a wine you like and, if in stock, buy it. Free shipping with 4 bottles on most items. Also, if you’re not a platinum member, ask to be as you get access to other wines.

Thanks for the tip, Jay! I got upgraded to Platinum. I feel like a high roller now! [wow.gif]

What is a platinum member and what are the benefits?

They also have great customer service. I buy a bit from them, mostly drinkers/defenders. They ship when you want, change shipping dates short notice. Twice they have refunded corked bottles no questions asked, and the refund was in my account within 48 hours.
I guess domestic transfers don’t take as long as those from France :wink:

They were short some bottles I ordered once and not only did they refund me the bottles they couldn’t provide they shipped me two bottles of a comparable wine no charge.

Good customer service goes a long way.

Dances in the Champagne Room

another offering generally (not always) higher end. When you log in, you will see a link to click. Occasionally, WTSO sent me a “private” list of offerings but I don’t remember seeing any real deals. I use to have a connection at WTSO but she left;once in a while she would send me gratis wine [winner.gif]

1 Like

Has happened to me too, and I don’t even know who my angel is! [wow.gif]

“Magnum Marathon” scheduled for 12-1-2014…

The last one was a total bust.

WTSO has been having a fair amount of Giacosa: 05 Falletto and Roche Falleto Barolo combo and now 07 and 05 Santa Stefano (all white label–don’t think there are red labels for these years). Has anybody else been catching any of these? (The last may still be up–not sure.) Anybody know the backstory?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

First put it this in the WTSO thread; maybe folks missed it, maybe no one cared.

In any case:
WTSO has been having a fair amount of Giacosa: 05 Falletto and Roche Falleto Barolo combo and now 07 and 05 Santa Stefano (all white label–don’t think there are red labels for these years). Has anybody else been catching any of these? Anybody know the backstory? How come they are showing up? Obviously not the best vintages or the best bottles, but from what I can tell not too shabby.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Joshua, I merged that separate thread back into this one, but bumping it as I wanted to reply but stay on the broader topic, as well.

I don’t see any Giacosa on WTSO, but you posted this minutes ago - I’d gobble some up, so I need to take a closer look more frequently!

Villa Mattielli Amarone 2011 up now for $25. I’m tempted to try this, as previous vintages rate reasonably well on CT, but I don’t know anything about the 2011 vintage and have no personal experience with Mattielli, and can’t find much except on CT. Buy, or no?

93+ Newmans [wow.gif]

I noticed that, but even a blind hog can find an acorn occasionally.

I had the 2010 a couple of weeks ago and found it rather uninteresting. While not a bad wine, thought it lacked depth or power. Just seemed kind of light to me. I’m no Italian expert and less of an Amarone dV expert and yep it’s a different vintage but that is my two pennies worth.

Edward,

My experience has been that when I (used to) chase unknown wines like that on flash sites, I find an acorn even less often than a blind hog :slight_smile:

1 Like