Offline - Chicago October Bordeaux Tasting

I think we should. Let me know what dates might work.

Iā€™m still interested.

If this lands the week of the 20th Decemeber, I might be able to do it, will be in the areaā€¦ 20, 21, 22 prob the better ones (nothing planned yet) just now.

Clayton, more power to you if you feel comfortable organizing!

If we are still on the theme of Thursdays, Jan. 13 or Feb. 3 should work. The UGC tasting at the Drake is Jan. 26 so we probably should avoid that week.

Feb 3rd works for me.

Feb 3 looks good

Sounds good. Letā€™s shoot for Feb 3!

Does anyone have a hook up at a French bistro? (looks like S.K.Y. is closed at the moment).

Since Louis mentions Lagrange, should we do St. Julien as a theme. We could flight by producer or decade?

website doesnā€™t mention it being closed and looks active on Resy

Iā€™m in for Feb 3

Iā€™m available on Feb. 3.

I might be able to make this, in part depending on the weather. Please keep me in the loop. (Lots of old Bordeaux, including some Lagrange.)

Thanks,
Josh

I would like to attend on Feb 3.

Iā€™m interested in Feb 3rd if there is room. A St. Julien theme/study would be fun, particularly if we were to open it up to the Paulliac estates right across the border (thinking Pichon Baron and Latour) or PLL that actually straddles it. Iā€™d be good with whatever folks want to doā€”have quite a few older examples of several of these estates I could bring.

OK, letā€™s call it for February 3, as we have more than a quorum.

I canā€™t adjust Louieā€™s original post, so we have the roll call as (letā€™s limit at 8, and create a waitlist as needed. we have 9 below, which weā€™ll go with if everyone makes it):

1. Louie Constantinou
  2. Ryan Smith
  3. Jordan Whitehead
  4. Clayton Wai-Poi
  5. Charles Hetzel
  6. Scott McDonald
  7. Josh Kates
  8. Steve Nellesen
  9. Mark Thompson

Waitlist:
Patrick Taylor
Bobby B

I suspect I have a lot of your emails, but if folks could PM me then anyway, Iā€™ll start an email thread.

On theme, Iā€™m open to suggestions. I think the St. Julien one could be a good idea (why not?), or with Markā€™s Paulliac additions. Either way, good for me, not not sure what others have.

On locationā€¦ does anyone know the Some at S.K.Y.? if not, happy to call them myself. Alternatively, Bordeaux might want something a little meaty so if anyone has a hookup or suggestion sing out.

Clayton

Another option is Bristol. Keith organized a bordeaux tasting there back in '19 on a corkage-free monday night, went well. Current hours are 5-9 pm on wed thurs, so might need to start earlier than the usual 7pm. Not sure on their current corkage policies, but basque cake is still on the dessert menu! Sky is good too.

Thanks for putting a list together, Clayton. I know the somm at SKY, Jelena, let me give her a call this week and report back.

Would love to join the wait list for Feb 3 if possible. Clayton, Iā€™ll send you an email!

Please add me to the wait list too. SKY has/had a no corkage policy for most days of the week excluding Friday and Saturday. Not sure about Thursday or whether they might have adjusted their policy.

Please add me to the waitlist as well

Thanks