Offline - Chicago October Bordeaux Tasting

Teamā€¦ updated waiting list
@Charles @Michael - can you send me your emails please
@Everyone - if you can no longer make it, please sing out
@Everyone - will send an email tomorrow

Laughing my ass offā€¦8 big, bad Bordeaux hounds at S.K.Y. There is one small plate of Duck Confitā€¦one main dish of Beef Short Ribā€¦six seafood dishes, one korean style chicken dish, one porchetta dish. Donā€™t get me wrong, the food is amazing and I love the people and their BYOB nights. Butā€¦seriouslyā€¦Bordeaux? Might be better off at Apoloniaā€¦Stephenā€™s newer place.

glad youā€™ve found us so amusing. condescending much? how will all us noobs manage without your expertise?

1 Like

Nahā€¦sorry youā€™re personalizing thisā€¦itā€™s the idea of taking good, if not great Bordeaux to one of my favorite restaurants where the entire menu is skewed towards modern Asian complex dishes. My wine group has gone to S.K.Y. twice and had a wonderful timeā€¦the staff thrives on putting up with wine geeks. Itā€™s not you Iā€™m chortling overā€¦its the old idea that Bordeaux will work with anything good. They have a wonderful and artfully curated wine list to showcase their dishesā€¦interesting enough, they offer one Cabernet Sauvignon and itā€™s Argentine. Cheers Jordanā€¦smile and enjoy your meal, the food is awesome. By the way be sure to try the simple cucumber salad and the spicy chicken in cream cornā€¦both memorable.

Apologies for the thread drift, but a Chicagoland Berserker is looking for someone to split BerserkerDay offers. See post #21 of this thread.

this wonā€™t be close to Jordanā€™s first time at S.K.Yā€¦ In fact, Iā€™ve been there with Jordan more times than your two trips and I havenā€™t been in Chicago since MayšŸ˜‰.

Iā€™ve done bigger reds there plenty. When Chuck40oz was running the program, he did Musar dinners and encouraged more than just high acid whites to be drunk there

Different strokes Keithā€¦Obi-wan Parker liked big Rhones with Szchwanā€¦I just recall loving the international nature of their list, how carefully they curated it, and how we ended up gifting bigger reds to surrounding tables. Hope youā€™re digging the great Pacific Northwest. Now you and I would have dragged our Bordeaux to RPM Steak. But then again, I donā€™t think I have any. Be well, and give a shout when youā€™re around the Great Lakes again. We are now officially Michigan residents. It would be good to howl at the moon together again.

On tomorrow night.

Location now domaine Chicago.

Food now home smoked prime brisket and iberico ham charcuterie.

We may have one spot left if there is any last minute interest, just PM me.