Oh, the irony...I just subscribed to Wine Advocate!! (and here's why...)

Yeah, given he’s basically a kid, ‘old fashioned’ to him is different than ‘old fashioned’ to us!!

2 Likes

Yessss…Will Kelley is a God for putting this review out there…not many critics have the Nuggets to ruffle the feathers like that…Now I have to find the 2009 Le Bon Pastuer note from from last yr. where I declared, “This is not bordeaux” …well done William, well done!!

2 Likes

Alfert posted it above, but, of course, he got the vintage completely wrong (referring to '98 for some reason)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2973358#p2973358

The end of of Berserkers! Sad to see it go. Someone will have to start a new forum. We have lost our leader. RIP Todd

1 Like

This is what happens when my secretary is on vacation. She normally proofs and then hosts my posts.

PS. I have it on good information that Todd had a coupon! Cheap bastard.

You sure do - very good information, as I posted that TWO TIMES IN THIS VERY THREAD

Sigh.

See post #25.

1 Like

Guess who might not longer be a subscriber champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif
And the Rolland experts name is Alfret
bp.PNG

We have a special topic for all the other cheap bastards - make sure to post in the correct thread [wink.gif]

Haha. Those are LPB scores and her predecessors!

A thread unsurprisingly started and frequented by folks who use this site nearly every day but refuse to donate any $ to support it.

1 Like

Not sure I understand the scorn. I use that thread frequently and am a Monopole Cru member. I don’t see why you would assume only freeloaders use that thread.

1 Like

I started subscribing again to the WA about a year and a half ago and did so for one reason - William Kelley.

Six months for me, for the same reason. I look forward to TWA’s updated website.

Wait a minute…

“Old style wine making…”

“The results are disastrous…”

Rated above average to outstanding by the Parker rating criteria?

The fruit bombers and phony 100 point scalers have officially killed wine reviewing.

Just go to total Wine and buy Emmolo.
[stirthepothal.gif]

“William and the Berserkers” sounds like a great rock band name.

2 Likes

Complete and utter domination of wine forum world heals all wounds.

I was largely being serious!

The whole birth of WB is because of the stupidity of TWA. Amazing how times have changed.

I agree that Kelley is awesome too. Great reason to go back.

2 Likes

Cheers to you!

4 Likes