Oh, the irony...I just subscribed to Wine Advocate!! (and here's why...)

I had a subscription for a number of years because RP’s notes on older Rhones and Bordeaux were pretty good and I was buying them at auction.

-Al

I still have some of my paper copies of the WA. I was new to wine and trying to soak up knowledge like a sponge! Subscriptions, wine classes, books, tastings, etc. Now I feel like a break might be in order to recalibrate…

Btw I started listening to the Q&A with William on Youtube. Very nice.

Cheers,
JP

1 Like

That I would pay for. [cheers.gif]

Does this mean others who have been excommunicated by Squires, are being welcomed back too?

Could this offer even be extended to Alice Feiring?

This is like hearing the Roman and Orthodox church are recombining.

I guess the price tag of harmony was to sacrifice Michel Rolland.

So sad.

4 Likes

I don’t really, Chris, I was largely joking, except about the part on busters who use this site nearly every day but don’t support it. I think that sucks. As a Monopole Cru member, you’re clearly not a cheap bastard as to this forum. And I, for one, appreciate that.

1 Like

How fun would it be to have a berserker team! Can I volunteer to do champagne with Taranow and Brown? Alfert can specialize in green vintage wines with brett. Fu can specialize in extremely expensive bottles and super hip alpine wines. Jorge can specialize in waxy whites and pet nats no one wants to drink. Adam Frisch can specialize in chardonnay…wait, crap, scratch that… Joking aside, there are some pros and some very studly palates on this site…

I wasn’t ‘welcomed back’, I just paid for a subscription!!! Those who made my name a curse word there, years ago (“**** ******”, literally), are gone, I believe

this

Galloni scores Le Bon Pasteur 2021 a 93-95/100 ; Neal Martin 92-94 and claims to have tasted it 3 times . Interesting ….

At least Lisa is no longer there and gave my wine of the year the 2011 Clarendon Hills Sandown Cab an 86. Todd let me know how the subscription is going and I might join you in a few months.

This just in, Peter Hook has rejoined New order and David Knopfler has hooked back up with Dire Straits. They will be touring their own small festivals this summer with a newly reunited Smiths!

Mr. Multi *'s banned my avatar.

(Unjustly)

I think someone is starting something over on Discourse if you’re interested [cheers.gif]

1 Like

so will it become le Mauvais Pasteur?

1 Like

I’m 96 on this

1 Like

That bad?

1 Like

New url WineRepatriators.com incoming?

Fraudulent!!! - without a Turnbull & Asser cravat it must just be a “deep fake”

Plus one can tell from glimmer/shimmer that is not a Lalique stem.

So sad that all these imitation Sucklings are propagating themselves.

Saying ‘Tuscan Villa’ in front of a mirror a few hundred times doesn’t entitle anyone to live his dream life.

The owner of WineBersekers pays money to the Wine Advocate BECAUSE of AFWE leanings?

1 Like