Older Ridge Vineyards SF Marina, June 20 2021, 3:15 PM, bring a bottle, See First Post for updates

That is Father’s Day as well as Birthday month at our house, so we will not be able to attend. Hope to attend the next one because we have a few older Ridge’s that would fit the criteria. Enjoy!

Ed

cool. probably going to be a game time decision when I dig through the cellar to see what I got available close by… but would definitely try to make it.

Art when it comes to older wines I don t mind duplicates. Wes has a good point, if people want to post what they’re bringing it gives others an idea, but posting what we are bringing is optional.

Great! FYI Eric Baugher, emeritus (that means former) Ridge winemaker and COO, Is going to try to make it.

I’m going to bring '00 Mazzoni Home Ranch with '03 Petite Syrah, Dynamite Hill as a backup. Mazzoni from that vintage is fairly unique for Mazzoni in that there’s a 1:1 ratio of Zin to Carignane. 47% each with 6% PS. I poured '04 Mazzoni for my Zoom some months ago (George included) and it showed very well.

This could go the other way if it turns out a mini-vertical of Dynamite PS might happen.

I am in with a plus one (friend not wife). Will dig up some bottles and post later this week.

92 Litton Springs + TBD

1994 Pagani Ranch Zin x2

Sounds absolutely amazing. Would have loved to join, and have a selection of 80s/90s that would have been a fit. We’ll be on a long distance road trip though. I hope this isn’t actually the last - happy to help organize a sequel!

I’m hoping for another older Ridge gathering in the autumn, same location, although someone else in the Bay Area might beat me to it elsewhere.

1 Like

for now 99 monte bello chard, 93 lytton springs… will bring a few friends, but will make sure there’s at least one bottle of old ridge per group…

OK now we are humming. Thanks Art.

Really glad you can make it Sean

Uli thanks and keep an eye out for the next one please

Thanks Yao for pointing me to the thread. I’d love to come if I’m back to the city in time. Will stand up a 99 MB just in case.

2004 Lytton Grenache, 2002 Dynamite Hill P.S. (Larry - a possible vertical?)

2002 Geyserville will be my ticket.

see y’all tomorrow… is there a gathering spot at the location or…?

Nope, just find your way in and walk upstairs. You’ll probably see the gang through the windows upstairs before you go inside

I replaced my 2002 Dynamite (Ian is bringing it) with a 2004 Buchignane Carignane to try to prove a point to Larry LOL, three years ago I thought the nose on it was beautiful, he is skeptical. Also 93 Alegria ATP, 99 York Creek PS, 90 Evangelho Mataro ATP, 85 Jimsomare cab, 87 York Creek cab CP, 03 Essence (375 x 3).