Older Ridge Vineyards SF Marina, June 20 2021, 3:15 PM, bring a bottle, See First Post for updates

Golf where? [cheers.gif]

Not sure where this would be held, so not sure what part of the Bay Area to consider. Also depends on how many people and their interest level. Haven’t played Harding Park before, but I know that is not for everyone.

This is starting to feel like a “somewhere along Highway 280” event. Harding Park or Lincoln, then down 280 to Mark Sutherland’s Los Altos public park, or maybe in a woodsy picnic table type area in a state park like Wunderlich. Lots of time to figure it out and form a consensus. I’m someone who sucks at golf but never slows others down, I don’t look for balls if it takes too long and I’m happy to pick up. I’d say I’ve played ten rounds in the past eight years.

FYI: Tons of older Ridge wines just showed up at K&L if you’re looking to purchase some. Prices are very reasonable.

Holy sh&t!

Acquired a trio of reds from the 2000 vintage for this…

Ashish, did you grab the '05 Estate Cab for $45? Killer price. That was gone when I got to K&L’s site.

I got 2 btls each of '00 Geyserville and '05 Old School Zin. I’ve opened both for the Monte Bello picnics and they’ve been great. Between those and the 7 bottles of Ridge I’ve won recently via WineBid, I’m pretty well set.

I bought 9 bottles today, my picnic stash was getting low. Thanks, Andrew for the heads up.

1991 Ridge Vineyards “Lytton Springs” Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
1996 Ridge Vineyards “Geyserville” Sonoma Proprietary Red 1
1996 Ridge “Lytton Estate” Dry Creek Valley Syrah 1996 Ridge
1997 Ridge Vineyards “Lytton Estate” Dry Creek Valley Syrah
1998 Ridge Dry Creek Sangiovese 1998 Ridge Dry Creek Sangiovese
2000 Ridge Vineyards ‘Dutcher Creek’ Carignane
2002 Ridge Vineyards “Lytton Estate” Dry Creek Valley Petite Sirah
2002 Ridge Vineyards “Home Ranch” Santa Cruz Mountains Red Blend
2008 Ridge Vineyards “Jimsomare” Santa Cruz Mountains

You were pretty quick. I was eyeing a few of those, and then they were gone. Nice score!

I went for 2 more bottles: 09 and 10 Ponzo Zin. Hard to pass up at $30 each. I still haven’t picked up my bottle of 06 Estate Cab at WineBank that I got for $49.

Not fast enough. At least 5 other bottles I wanted from the 90’s disappeared before I could check out.

Sean

All the wines from the 90s are gone, and just a few wines pre-2005. The wines I picked up from WineBid were 2002 and 2003 Ponzo Zin, 2002 Paso Robles Zin, 2003 York Creek Zin, and 2000/2002/2004 Mazzoni Home Ranch.

Howdy folks. This is just a shout out to say hello and hope all are well. Doesn’t look like we will be able to get together anytime soon so take care and crack some of those prized bottles. Miss you all!

Robert Creth wrote:
Howdy folks. This is just a shout out to say hello and hope all are well. Doesn’t look like we will be able to get together anytime soon so take care and crack some of those prized bottles. Miss you all!

+1. If there is going to be any type of Ridge gathering, my wife and I would love to attend. We have a couple of 1999 Monte Bello’s that we would be happy to contribute. Cheers!

Ed

Revived this thread, we have a date and time

Thank you for organizing, George! We’ll be there [cheers.gif]

Excellent!

interested. are we going to announce wines to prevent duplicates or is that an issue at all?

Wow, this sure brings a smile to my face George! I will confirm in the next few days and then crawl under the house and dig up the bottles I bought for this event last year. Thanks!

Not much of an issue. They make so many wines, there isn’t much chance of duplicates. But, listing what you’re bringing might inspire a mini-theme, with one or more people bringing other vintages of the wine to compare, or something like that.