Olive Oil -- It's Here, It's Here!

Jimmie, ask a manager if they’re going to get them in. The Tuscan just now showed up in PTown, so it might be a few days until it gets to you on the buckboard. If that doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll pick some up for you and you can get it in March when you’re here.

Bob,

Thanks for the kind offer. I’ll let you know.

Picked up a bottle today. Thanks for the tip.

The 2011 is still peppery and vibrant.

I will buy a bottle of the new release and keep it in cool conditions. Buying this oil in the summer heat while the product is potentially sitting in a very hot truck can create storage issues, so that is why I like to but them now while in pristine shape.

Most of the folks here probably know this already, but do not store any oil above or next to the stove.

I keep a smaller bottle I refill in a closed cabinet and the rest of the bottle(s) in the refrigerator.

Could someone provide a SKU, or an image of the bar code, or a picture of the bottle? Or all of those?

I think we are having one of those East Coast West Coast things – I went and found the usual nothing special in the Olive Oil department. Nothing remotely Spanish or Tuscan. And I went to the Costco website and couldn’t find anything there either. I want to request it, or order it, and I can’t even convincingly describe what I want to order.

Pretty sure I saw it in the East Hanover, NJ store a couple weeks ago…

Not available in SC.

The UPC is 96619 22863.

Thanks guys. Better picture below. I have never seen anything like this at a Costco – but will call the Hanover store.

Costco SKU # for 2012 Vintage Kirkland Tuscan EVOO purchased last week: 22863

FWIW, re west coast/east coast… we bought this stuff (vintage-dated kirkland evoo) regularly in Miami

Got to love Costco, this oil is pretty darn good. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jon R and others buy this and re-package as a boutique oil from Tuscany and double/triple the price! Hey, there’s a business idea!

At my store, instead of the Tuscan & Spanish they’re selling a Calif XVOO from Cullen Creek. It’s 6.99/liter and fairly decent. They also have a Greek variety for ~$10, but I didn’t pick up any of that.

VERY funny post. I could totally see him doing such a thing or just wash the labels off and put his “kinkos” label on it.

Finally got around to trying the 2012. Delish. I still have some 2011, which is still alive but the fade is way apparent when had next to the 2012. But the fact it is still good is impressive. This year, I am going to manage like Gene. Keep some in the fridge.

J

You will need to let it warm up a bit before refill. EVOO firms up in the refrigerator.

I am going to try and make it down to the SF Costco today. I will report back with findings.

Yeah I normally keep some of my special oils in the fridge but since this was so cheap, I just didn’t think about it. Still even after sitting in my pantry it is tasting very good.

J

Just opened my third or fourth bottle of the 2012 and it is absolutely delish, as good or better than all of the other oils I have picked up in the last year for a LOT more $. My EVOO buying is on hold until their 2013 comes out.

BTW I just kept it in the back of a dark pantry for the last 10 months.

The 2014 is in stock in Southern California. 11.99 liter and delish. Same price for last 3 or 4 years - love it.

Thanks for the update. I have been going to my local, checking each week since I have been out for a few weeks now. Went there Friday and no dice. And the employees looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it.

Jason