Parker 2010 Bordeaux Scores

Heartwarming to see people defending Bordeaux and making the distinction between the prima donna wines and the rest !!!

flirtysmile

Alex R.

I broke my self-proclaimed hiatus on Bdx futures, and pulled the trigger on:

2010 GPL - $80
2010 Talbot - $40
2010 Gloria - $50

Enough input from people I respect to go ahead and grab some decent pricing from retailers like PC. Eyeing a few more.

Robert, you must be mistaken about those prices, because I have read here from real honest to goodness wine experts (just ask them) that bordeaux is outrageously expensive and especially so in 2010, so much so that people are actually angry. Real genuine anger. SMH. [scratch.gif]

Well, clearly both of us are mistaken about those illusory prices as they come from PC. I will never receive them, right?

[cheers.gif]

On a serious note, any other interesting QPRs in that price range? My credit card has been zinging this month, so might as well keep burning it up. 2011 Gonon and 2009 Copains last night . . . .

Another side note, I ended up grabbing more 2009s recently at equally impressive pricing. GPL at $80. Giscours at $50. Sociando at $40.

Bestwines had the 09 Gloria for $45, I think. Very very nice wine.

Despite all the naysayers, I guess Bob still rules. Since the 10 price is so high, is there much upside potential? I hope most folks realize that the only difference between a 97 pointer and 100 pointer is the prices they command.

Kevin:

I totally agree. And as you well know, when you taste them single blind, the 100 pointers can become 93 pointers and the 91 pointers can become 98 pointers. When you taste them double blind, people will peg Lafite as a strong vintage super Tuscan.

All the 100s will come from the Fifth Growth tier.
Most Firsts will be sub 80

Wouldn’t that be awesome?

Barry,
Yet, 98 points to a FG means immediate price drop. I guess despite all the naysayers, Bob still rules.

BTW, If you are buying to cellar and drink, I would concentrate on 93-96 pointers from the properties that you like as well as the minor chateaus (91 to 94 pts). As Mr. Mauss like to say “small wines in big vintages and big wines in small vintages”.

Although I only taste ½ of the big names, perhaps the best wine made in 2010 is Vieux Chateau Certan, especially one is looking for a classic great Bordeaux.

That is really all I have ever bought. And I drink very well.

Neal,
In my view, Bob’s influence especially for the smaller chateaus were mostly positive. The wines are more fruit forward and concentrated. Most (91-94) wines produced in the 09 and the 10 will last easily 15 to 20 years. If one is new to this game, the best way to make his or her buying decision is try a few of the middle level 1990 Bordeauxs.

For those speculating, In general, there will be an initial price spike followed by a slight drop then almost ten years of stable pricing unless another market correction occurs.

Called it!!

Did you call Le Dome?

Or it could just be one of the best wines to drink young.

Latour
Beausejour (Duffau Lagarrosse)
Cheval Blanc
Le Pin
Haut Brion
Petrus
La Violette
Pontet Canet
Pape Clement
La Dome

All 100 points. Wow, some really excited Chateau right about now.

Nice list to start, I’d also consider Gruaud Larose as well, seems like one of the winners in 10’ that can still be had under $100

What did the Gruaud Larose 2010 get from the Bob?