Parker 2010 Bordeaux Scores

Unreal. 5th Growth Pontet Canet is now $300.00. Used to be $50 in 2004, now it’s apparently so world class that it is a perfect wine. LeDome is cheap in comparison to the other 100 pointers. I’m guessing there’s a LOT of LeDome in Singapore as of yesterday - pallets and pallets of it.

Any one else notice 10 wines got 100 in the Bordeaux, not 9 as Parker posted before the issue hit?
And correct me if I’m wrong, but I see 2 wines that previously did not get 100

Not sure, just going on impressions from UGC, but hopefully RP went low.

CT’s showing IWC (92-95), JG 92+ Actually that’s high for JG in this vintage

Your safe, 93+

The investors bought big into La Dome, the shocker of the list. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to expect Pontet Canet to hit 100 as he’s steadily been raising that wine’s price since 2005’s vintage

Guys - we all know these scores don’t matter. Jeve Leve is the only Bordeaux critic that matters…

Get with the program…

Yep. Selling both my 09 and 10s. Trade it straight up for Dujac Beaux Monts.

PC is making exceptional wine on a very fine piece of dirt. For a long time the price lagged the quality but obviously those days are over (as are my days as a buyer). I have a lot of earlier vintages; I won’t miss it.

For anyone looking for scores/notes (as well as many other reviewers), many are posted on the Farr Vintners website…

With all due respect, Todd, a rather unseemly speculation unless you have some evidence to support it, especially considering your position as the proprietor of the world’s leading wine BB, a crown formally worn by eRP. Just my $0.02.

Any one else find this quote troubling?

“My comments on the impact of the weather in Bordeaux in 2010 from Issue 199 are restated in the following three paragraphs. They have turned out to be remarkably accurate, considering how early they were written:” (obviously written by Mr. Parker)

I’m sure the folks at L’eglise Clinet are a bit disappointed with a 96+ (given the enormous price tag this wine now has), but I guess he’s not “off base” when his 2 year old barrel score was 96-100. Good to cover all your bases…

So, next question, who is buying the wines?

I don’t understand your post. But I am not surprised that Parker’s after-the-fact observation about the weather in issue 199 is still accurate, being as 2010 weather has not changed in the last, oh, 3 years.

Bought what I wanted some time ago. Now waiting for them to arrive so I can bury them and not look at them for a great many years.

In the last week, I did buy some 2010 Talbot, Grand Puy Lacoste, Gloria, Gazin and Cantemerle. I also bought some 2010 d’Issan over a year ago when PremierCru had it for $46.

Parker put a huge spread on the barrel score, and rated it at the low end. The difference between 96 and 100 might as well be the difference between 1 and 100. (at least when it comes from Bordeaux.)

That spread isn’t unusual. He’s been doing that for many years (as have all of his competitors. I’m not trying to argue with you, but I just don’t find anything remarkable in that. Maybe it isn’t helpful, but it isn’t remarkable either

I know points don’t matter, but 94+ pts for the 2010 Cantemerle.

Geesh. Will another of my go-to chateau get priced out of my comfort zone?

It is somewhat more now. [wow.gif]

BTW, the first bottles of my “you’ll-never-get-them/they’ll-never-deliver/this-is-a-fraud” 2010 bdx from PC are apparently on their way.

I will wait a couple/few months and then buy some wines that “only” scored 92 to 96. No one really cares about those and after they hype of today dries up, they will be available for a reasonable price without waiting.