Penultimate (Harlan...Promontory)

Maybe if we all hold out it will show up as a de negoce bottling :crazy_face:

Got my email today also. Am going to pass for now.

Hmm, I dropped Harlan years ago, somewhere around $350. Still got an email for this today.

I aint buying $300 bottles of wine. But I also got this email. Not even sure why I originally signed up for Promontory. Way out of my comfort range.

Iā€™ve bought Mascot a few times and think it is a ā€œrelativeā€ deal so I received the email as well. However, $325 a bottle is a hard pass. I didnā€™t click thru but not sure that even includes shipping.

Why not simply buy Monte Bello?

1 Like

All in looking at $1100 to ship to San Diegoā€¦

Hoping to have the opportunity to try this when visiting next month (assuming plans donā€™t change)ā€¦

Hard pass at like 1100 shipped itā€™s a no-go.

Iā€™d be interested in a 3 pack for $110

325 for a second label seems steep. Lots of incredible wine out there for 325 or less.

It is a really cool label though

Maybe its really promontory and they are relabeling themselves to test market pricing?

Itā€™s $975 for the 3-pack vertical ('13, '14 and '15). Nice guess on the pricing. I figured about the same as Bond Vecina, et al. on pricing. I doubt itā€™s ā€œdeclassifiedā€ Promontory technically, as they have been planting for quite some time. I suspect, but donā€™t know, itā€™s younger vines, and perhaps some different soils. I sprung for it. Iā€™ll try anything once from a group with a great history. Maintaining at that price level, however, is all together a different matter. Dropped Tusk after four years just for that reason. Not sorryā€¦

The Mascot is not $300. Not even close.

I was considering until the Save the Date emails from Kinsman and Memento Mori Vine Hill Ranch showed up for next TUEā€™s releaseā€¦

Iā€™m a simple man and I donā€™t really understand wine but I just got the mailing for this in the physical mail and everything about it is lol funny to me. I might frame it and put it on the wall.

Yep ā€¦ this past few weeks has been hard on Napa hitting my wallet. Rivers Marie, Riverain Reserve, Dalla Valle already ordered ā€¦ got a postcard from Kinsman last week, so thatā€™s an upcoming order, then Di Costanzo is going to be as well (though at least they donā€™t throw haymakers). Also picked up a few extra Kongsgaard Syrah and a Corison vertical on a library offerā€¦ just brutal.

Even if this wine is supposedly a new headliner label (and if it is, I suppose 3XX is a bargain in the Harlan portfolio?), just not a buyer till I hear what some folks think about itā€”and even then still probably not.

1 Like

Itā€™s 100 a bottle the last two releases.

Easy pass for a new wine at that price.
I can buy Shafer Hillside Select, Schrader and many others for less.

325 per bottle is pretty close to Scarecrow pricing.