people like bad wine

Assuming there is a corkage fee, it doesn’t make much sense to pay more for corkage than the cost of the bottle.

I just thought it was funny a guy drops about $200 on a dinner and drinks Woodbridge.

no more no less.

What’d you open brig? :wink:

Perfect answer, Beau. Most wine drinkers don’t know the difference between preference and flaw.

Not anymore.

“lack of balance” is an opinion and preference. One person’s balance is another person’s imbalance.

So is the amount of fruit, brett, oak, alcohol, acid, etc…

Giacosa neener

Both about $30 but sentimental gifts I gave to my FIL when he came to visit in California. We had tasted the wines here and he liked them so I stuffed a bottle of each into his luggage for the trip back to NJ.

• 2010 Bruno Giacosa Barbera d’Alba - Italy, Piedmont, Alba, Barbera d’Alba (9/10/2014)
    Good bottle of wine. Attack is dark fruit, currant but quickly progresses to bright cherry. A bit guilty of being fruit forward but with a rustic suede finish, a hint of old world. Medium plus acidity so should be age worthy. (89 pts.)
  • 2007 Foxen 7200 Volpino - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (9/10/2014)
    A little muted aromas. Mild cherry flavor profile and some leather. Enjoyable but lacking the wow factor of previous bottles. Still worth aging the last bottle for a few more years to see what happens. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

FIFY

PS
The wines were both corked.

Highlighted the key part there…

I’ve seen Yellow Tail a couple of times at no-corkage BYOB’s which is probably smart. It would probably be $30 if it were on the list.

I agree. I amend my comment to include only the part about glaring flaws, provided they are actual and not perceived flaws.

Going farther back, we went through cases of “Bob White” and “Bob Red” (The “RM in a circle” logo?) during and after college, albeit no “en magnum”. It was pretty tasty and it was cheap enough when you needed a bottle of red to braise the sausages…what a wonderful world!

Pleasantly surprised that there is such a sizable “Coalition of the Swilling” on WB.

I gave up telling people how much a bottle costs, especially when TW is around. I get those are you nuts looks. “We get the best $15 bottle, we could have 2 or 3 for what you paid!” And these people are serious drinkers. [snort.gif]

Now who’s the foolish one? newhere