Pepper Grinder?

Completely OT, but I saw a rather flattering picture of you the other day…

Now back to your regular programming.

1 Like

We love our Magnums

Are y’all talking about this thing: Pepper Cannon: The Pepper Mill for Pepper Lovers | Indiegogo

Facebook/Instagram really wants me to buy one of these. It’s been all over my feed for months. Does it perform as advertised?

That’s the one. I love it but try to never advise anyone to buy anything. It’s Bette thank my Unicorn, but not by lightyears. Throws a lot of pepper, easy to load, built like a tank, and looks cool.

Looks good. Is it possible to clean it and occasionally use it for other spices? Cardamom? Allspice? Difference kinds of pepper? Fennel seeds? etc.

Penzy’s has a wood one w lifetime guarantee that works well. Mine broke and they replaced it.

We love our Pepper Cannon, too. Our old Unicorn was worn out and we couldn’t be happier with the upgrade.

I suppose it would be possible to clean, but I don’t think I’d use my main pepper grinder with other spices like cardamom. We use a dedicated blade type coffee grinder for spices.

2 Likes

Great. You guys recommend it. Kenji Lopez-Alt recommends it (get his cookbook if you don’t have it). Now I’m the proud owner of a $159 pepper mill, err cannon. Hope it lasts forever.

Agree 100%. Also use a blade type coffee grinder for spices. It’s even Mr. Coffee branded. Got it at goodwill for like $4.

1 Like

$160 on indiegogo, but only 1 left.

bought a pair of Fletcher’s based on the reccos here… quite happy with them

They basically operate a constant presale model. They already have the manufacturing set up, they just effective fund the next round of production through Indiegogo. After this ‘batch’ gets sold out, they’ll just release a new one for a fewer months down the line.

1 Like

When you get your box of Dick’s remember you have this grinder. You’re welcome.

As it happens, that’s exactly what I did today!

1 Like

We love our Weber Works Moulin salt and pepper mills. Not cheap though…

Damn, I thought the Pepper Cannon was overbuilt, but Weber stuff tends to be some of the most over-engineered products out there. I imagine this is no different. Kinda curious to try it, but don’t think I’ll be getting one any time soon

2 Likes

I’ve had a new pepper mill for about a month snd am super happy with the CrushGrind Mill from the Spice House - adjustable, 25 yr guarantee on the ceramics and $45.

2 Likes

That’s interesting to see the comments on the recent Peugeots. Mine must be about 25 years old (I have three for pepper and one for salt) and are still going strong. I like to use a range of peppercorns (cubeb and long pepper in addition to the piper nigrum type), hence the multiple mills, and a good mortar and pestle comes into use as well.

My newer generation Peugeot crapped out too. I have a Fletchers’ Mill now (see SeriousEats article above).