Poll - RHYS 375ml vs 500ml

If I purchased 375s, it would be just one or two so I could sample a wine without opening a 750. I’d purchase a number of 500s as that’s a good amount for us on a week night. Neal offers their Napa cab in 500s and I’d like to see more availability in that size.

I’d like more 500s - good for two people at one sitting, especially on a school night
I like 375s too. They work well when it’s just me.

+1

I have some monbazillac in 500’s but they stick out too far for my half bottle racks, and too skinny to rest in the regular racks, I just throw em in a wooden box.

I found some 500s of 1999 Pegau Reservee in DC a few years ago and loved the size. Definitely interested if they decide to make some. How disruptive would 500s be to the bottling process?

375 for me… smaller, better price for samplers… 500 is just too similar to 750 to be worth while…

375 and my vote evened it up.

Hi Kevin,
I will more or less re-post from what I put on the other thread.

We lived in Switzerland for 17 years and we have a house in Piemonte. The 500 is almost universal in Switzerland and is the perfect size to be able to enjoy both a red and a white with dinner. And lately the trend has started to move across the border into Aosta and Piemonte, where we have seen numerous producers in northern Italy are starting to use it more frequently. Elio Peronne to name one is putting his wonderful Barberas in them. IMHO, the only purpose for a 375 is to pour the rest of your unfinished 750 into…

We have always been left wondering why the uptake on 500s has been so pathetic in the ROW.

Best,
Andrew

I will purchase either way but would prefer the 500. Drinking wine from a 375 always leaves me wanting more.

To be fair, that often happens with 750’s and maybe Mags. champagne.gif

Let’s split the difference — I vote for a mixed case of 437.5 bottles!!

(another great idea from me)

One rarely see polls start one way and switch the other. I’ll be interested to see how it continues.

+1

I have no horse in this particular race as I am on the waitlist, but I think 500ml would be a great amount and I wish more table wine came in that format. I also feel like I need more if it’s only a half-bottle (especially if I’m splitting with someone) but a full bottle is too much to drink on my own… I usually leave about a glass in the bottom, which says to me that 500ml would be perfect.

In my case, I have no use for the 375ml format and wouldn’t consider getting any.

The 500ml format is perfect to split between two people at dinner.
I would buy ALL my future RHYS purchases in the 500ml size if they were all offered in this format…

TTT

I would definitely prefer toe 500ml. Usually stay away from 375ml because it’s never as much I like.

Impressive that at the moment is 50/50. Come on 500!

Flawed poll - No 167 ml option! But voted anyway for 375.

:astonished:

Tru dat!

500 ML seems too similar to the standard 750 ML. Also, do you want yet another different bottle size to fit into your cellar? Plus, Rhys is now offering a 12 bottle case of 2012s in 375 that includes four different bottlings. 375 ML seems to provide a better all-around fit! [cheers.gif]