Premier Cru - Berkeley, CA., Wine Retailer - Buyer Beware

Any reason you deleted your original post? Did you lawyers explain what a terrible idea it was?

Solid point!

I deleted my posts because I was off topic. Being new to the site I made what is probably a common error, The thread I had started my comments about Premier Cru on was not about Premier Cru. Also the comments from some members caused me to be aware of how many folks here will express their opinions as facts, lack the fundamental knowledge of specific facts and they feel attacked because of their view of experiences with Premier Cru. I discovered the topic had been discussed Ad nauseam on this site, and after reading so many opinions expressed as fact, such as, “Premier Cru has a different business model”, or another good one was, “Premier Cru is not an authorized En Primeur seller”, reading these and so many other comments I realized I was shouting into the wind.
Or the very common comment was pertaining to the belief that my business is a competitor to Premier Cru or that I am in the retail business. I would not bother to explain or defend myself to people who are determined with their opinions not to have those opinions molested, so I withdrew those as they did not belong in that thread and served no purpose.
I have absolutely no concern about Premier Cru taking any legal action against me, nor do I have any fear as so commonly stated here in libel or any such action.
I’ve spoken out within the wine industry and to many official sources and Premier Cru has not disputed one fact.

I have not met with open minds on this site and have no need to continue to prove a point.
I genuinely wished to warn others to help others. Premier Cru is committing fraud, they offer to sell wines they do not own. I know this for a fact. They do not have some unique business model. They simply have a Ponzi scheme model. I am only speak on Future purchases, not what is in stock.
My business does not compete with premier Cru at all. We do not seek out “Private customers sales”. For friends, I have always had the desire to share wines and that is what I attempted to do on this site.
I’m learning that the offers are not being received in this manner and am seriously considering not making any further offers.
Our orders are for commercial customers, 10, 20, 40, 100 cases and up. We are not properly set up to handle orders of 1 - 3 cases. It causes us problems. We do not take credit cards, we have no location that people come down to or we meet at. We do not have the people or set up for private sales.
Yet so many on this site have spoken with certainty that they know the intention of my comments.
I do not need to make the comments for recognition or my benefit.
I am regularly contacted by people asking if I can help them get the wines they purchased from Premier Cru. I will continue to do that and continue to withdraw from discussing the topic on this site as I have learned about the nature of the outspoken few.
Privately I’ve received numerous emails from people on this site apologizing for the mean spirited opinionated folks who are so active.
It is your community and I have no desire to change what ever the wine berserkers want as a tone is their choice.
Premier Cru is not our competitor. We’ve never offered to even sell to them.
We do supply a number of their competitors.

If everyone here is so beneath you, then why are you here?

Oh yeah, there is a buck to be made. Typical.

Cease and Desist letter in 3,2,1…

William, we would all be grateful if you would explain the facts that you know about Premier Cru commiting fraud. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Joe for what seems a sincere and genuine desire for information or at least my experience.
However, having been exposed to the bashers on this site who submit opinion as fact and are mean spirited, unlike your (apparently) honest request for facts or details, I truly am going to slowly withdraw from putting myself out in this forum.
People who are members of this site have written very supportive notes directly to my personal email, they know my nature and they know where I am coming from and I appreciate that.
I am disappointed that they do not try to set a different tone in this community.
I’ve received a number of emails from wine professionals on this site who express their co. has done business with my staff and they do not wish to get involved with the mean spirited leading forces who are so prevalent and therefore they remain quiet. It is too bad that is the tone to silence others. I’ve heard social media has that element - this is my very first experience with social media, I’m afraid I am behind the times. I do not text, or tweet, I do not even own a Smart Phone.

i am really an unknown to most in the community who have rushed to make such ugly assumptions about me. I know they are coming from their own negativity and doubts within themselves, just as I recognize my close mind and heart to Neal Martin is about me more than it is about Mr. Martin. They have no idea that my very first instinct with wine is to share and to help. The bashers assumed it was a move I was making as one retail store attacking another. Not even bothering to look into the obvious which is that we are not a retailer and we have nothing to do with that market. I know these comments are the bashers speaking about who they are and what they fear.

Those bashers would rather attack then discover the facts that my business do not comfortably accommodate ‘private orders’ - fulfilling the needs of a retailer for private customer., My staff and facilities are not set up for it and it is problematic. yet, I have and was going to continue to offer some unique offers thinking this community had wine lovers who would really appreciate these unique opportunities.

For example, today my staff is sending out a Easter Holiday Offer of Champagne. We have a few Houses in stock, Dom - vintage, but what we have that brings me to state “unique” is a Champagne House that is loved by many - Drappier Family, who we have a very special long standing relationship, every few years as a ‘Thank you’ for favors we do, Michel Drappier allows me to make a selection of back vintage Cuvee’s. In the summer of 2014 we selected some of the absolute finest in the Drappier history, 1959, '69, '79 , '95, '96 and then they disgorged the bottles freshly at that time - July - 2014. That makes these bottles quite unique.

We are very careful in who we offer those bottles to. We select the clients who receive those offers. Although they have a price, of course, in the realm of finding a similar bottle - you cannot find a bottle of these vintages disgorged in the past few months.
I was thinking of putting an offer on the Commerce Corner- coming from my desire to share, and have decided, the attacks and complete lack of understanding from some members of this community I will withdraw from putting myself out with comments or wine offers.
We do not need Wine Commune members ordering our wines. That is a gift from me in my mind. We are an importer offering to the retail public and it is a great inconvenience for us to fill those orders. of course I imagine the bashers are going to have a field day interpreting my remarks.
So I will withdraw , I’ve no need to remain active in this discussion or use this site to sell our wines.

I did post a thread sincerely asking Berserkers views on Neil Martin and that has been enormously helpful and insightful and has made me realize I need to change my views on him and how off and opinionated or close minded I am on Neil Martin. Much like so many who have responded to my comments on this thread.

I’m sorry, I do not want to go into any further detail in this forum about Premier Cru. The discussion appears to have been rehashed and all of the opinions formed and I have no investment to change anyone’s mind. I’ve done my bit, I’ve put the information out.
If you really want to know, the old adage really applies, follow the money. Do some research.
Thanks anyway.
Wg

No soup for you! :slight_smile: :astonished:

Thanks for stopping by

Very, very, very funny!!!
A perfect response. Perfect

I am one of the victim that william mentioned in this post.
I come from Hong Kong and the real story is I spotted premier cru’s attractive and competitive pricing on wine-searcher back in 2012 for some of the 2010 bordeaux wine.
I did a very limited research on the internet and though they should be reliable, however my research are not deep enough to see what is really going on in premier cru.
I end up ordered 58 bottles of red with the total sum of USD11,439 from the premier cru, they ask for full payment, I paid them all off in August, 2012. (I still kept all of our e-mail record)

Now I am heading out for work, if guys you need some sort of evidence to prove my story, I am happy to submit my invoice and e-mail record.

They simply just keep telling me the shipment is gonna hit the water like in 2 months, and when you ask for more details, they will go I am not sure or they go silence.

Now these days they don’t even border to reply any of my e-mail.

My sales representative use to be James Gillerman, Premier Cru claimed he retired and now they sent me Sunita Aggarwal.

Hi Samuel
I hope you are prepared to be attacked, rather than helped.
Do not take it personally. Realize that the attacks have nothing to do with you or the mean spirited comments will eat you up.
Best of luck, keep me up to date on your progress.
Wg

REAL NAMES

This has to be in the running for thread of the year…

Please put in wine talk!

No matter that the mods deleted my thread. Representative authority bodies have been contacted.
I am sure that he has proper licensure, but just to make sure he can solicit from private sellers (cellars)…

I think Poppy has some experience in dealing with infants [cheers.gif] :slight_smile:

[popcorn.gif]

Are you being racist?

Yes, I did twice, first time by my gf who were still in US in December 2014 her name is Annette, James answered and said wines will be arriving in spring 2015. I send them email to confirm about the date, no reply. I personally called early February 2015, sunita said James had retired now she is handling my order, I asked again about the arrival time. She said the shipment will hit the water late April, and again I email her to confirm things we said in the tele conversation. She replied as can’t be sure where are they getting my wines and just ask me to wait.

because those are not your 11k USD? I though Americans are kind, friendly and helpful