Prima Materia | The Italian Connection **OFFER CLOSED** Thanks Everyone!

Last day for the Berserker packages - thank you to everyone who took a look, and to the guidance of Berserker Day board! We are excited to be here!

We have created a special page for the Berserker deal and will keep it live, but it is hidden from our websiteā€™s navigation. To view specific wines just click on the ā€œshop/winesā€ tab and toggle back and forth between the offers. Please note that the Wine Berserker packs are already discounted and come with free shipping, so please donā€™t use the discounts codes. Thanks and email me with any questions @ info@prima-materia.com.

picked up order yesterday from Pietro at his tasting room in Temescal, and it was a super pleasurable experience; he let me taste a bunch of them gratis, and we chatted about several things wine, food, and otherā€¦ brilliant guy with excellent taste. I have the palate of a yak, but the reds (Barbera, Refosco, and Aglianico) were all terrific with a bit of graininess to the Refosco and Aglianico that I really enjoyed. Chard had some minerality and ended up picking up another case of it. Will be back for more!

Thanks so much Lawrence - it was great to meet you!

Wines are headed out to the above-freezing states this week!

1 Like

Thanks Pietro.

I just received my case and canā€™t wait to taste through the lot!!!

I presume many of the varietals in my case will require laying down at least a few years. However, I am not sure I have the patience to wait on all of them. [snort.gif]

Do you have any general recommendations on drinking windows?:

2-NV Nebbiolo
2-NV The Katechon (CS/Aglianico 50/50)
1-2017 Sangiovese
2-2018 Barbera
2-NV Aglianico
2-2019 Negroamaro
1-2019 Dolcetto

Thanks for your time,
Kelly

My first Berserker order ā€¦ Iā€™m very excited.

Hi Kelly,
Definitely hold onto the Nebbiolo for a while, probably the longest. The rest are all drinkable now but the Algianico and Katechon will certainly age nicely. The Sangiovese is just entering the ideal phase now but will certainly mature up and develop some that blood and pine note that I love in older Chiantis. The Negro Amaro and Dolcetto are drink-now, and though the Barbera can age I am not sure that it gains much from it as it is so fruit-forward in nature. Thanks and hope you like them!

Thanks so much Pietro! I really appreciate your input and recommendations.
Looking forward to tucking into these!
Cheers!

SHIPPING UPDATE
A few people have contacted me asking about shipping. The boxes are all packed and ready, but I canā€™t ship any wine when there are temperatures below freezing on the route. I have seen exploded bottles, pushed corks, and other bad things happen. We should be just a couple weeks away, and I will send UPS tracking info once the coast is clear. Thanks again for your patience. Honestly, it was 70 degrees on the vineyard yesterday, and I checked temps in a couple cities and 10 degrees in one place and -5 at another in a few days! We are lucky and lazy here in California - you my friends are the real heroes.