QPR Hall of Fame

A few of mine are me sounding like a broken record, but I have been buying these QPRs for almost 30 years:

Olga Raffault Chinon Les Picasses

Chateau Sociando Mallet

Chateau Lanessan (Bouard now on board 2015+ so buyer beware)

Ridge Geyserville

Chateau Meyney (not thrilled with 2005 or 2009, but seem to be back on track)

Chateau Thivin CdB

1 Like

No one’s mentioned Turley Old Vines or Juvenile? Great purchases each and every year . . .

If Krug MV is considered an all time QPR, I am playing in a different world.

Love the wine but $150 is a great price for it and it’s hard for me to say it’s clearly underpriced for the quality.

Cristal is also delicious. neener

Ridge Geyserville, Frog’s Leap Cab, Dominus, Realm The Bard, really all of the solid Bojo producers in non super ripe years, Catena’s single vineyard malbecs, Penfolds 389, aged Rioja, Rhys Chard, Ridge Monte Bello, that’s what I got off the top of my head?

+1 here. these wines are great

also a big fan of the i Custodi label. those bottles age well and can be found really cheap

Lol, I’ve bought the wine numerous times before, your glowing note just spurred me to find some this year. Another I always like is Drouhin’s Cote de Nuits Villages.

Lopez de Heredia Tondonia and cubilla, probably bosconia too but less experience

St Cosme CDR

Beaucastel CDR when on sale

Graillot Crozes in most years

Ch Cantemerle in many years

Edmonds st John

1 Like

The entire Vilmart lineup

+1
Was drinking an Bodegas Tradicion Amontillado VORS over the weekend and am just absolutely amazed by the insane complexity. Pricey for sure ((~80€ ex-cellar), but soooo good

Super QPRs:
Landskroon - especially Chenin Blanc and Rose of Pinotage
Domaine Lafage - Narassa and Bastide Miraflors
Maze - Sauvignon Blanc and SB Clew
Hourglass - GIII and Sauvignon Blanc
Obsidian Ridge - Cabernet Sauvignon

Nice

Oh yeah – the 2013 Hourglass GIII is great!

Sarah, I bought a case of the Campi Raudii based on your previous posts about these wines. I very much agree it is an excellent QPR. My wife enjoyed it a lot as well and thought it was a $45 wine. Thank you.
I will probably buy some of the others now as well.

Wonderful! I’m so happy to hear it was a success. Which vintage?

And btw - what part of Falls Church do you live in? I grew up there, and my parents still live in Lake Barcroft.

Now, or of any time. You did say HOF.
Selosse Blanc de Blanc, the precursor to the Initial was $40 at one time in the 2000’s. Relative to other Champagne, this was a huge QPR.
Trimbach Clos Ste. Hune was also $40 in the 1990’s. Better than most White Burgundy at the time.

For Italian wines, I should have included Produttori Barbaresco and Vayra Barolo (esp. his single vineyard cuvees).

And their various Etna Bianco, but especially the Santo Spirito.

If I had to name just one:

Cameron Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir

Some that immediately come to mind:

Tornatore Etna Bianco Pietrarizzo
Boutari Grande Reserve Naoussa
Poggio Scalette Chianti Classico
Bruno Giacosa Roero Arneis
Graham Beck Brut Zero
Pierre Moncuit Cuvée Hugues de Coulmet Blanc de Blancs Brut
Vietti Langhe Nebbiolo Perbacco
Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Reserva
Lopez de Heredia Tondonia Reserva Blanco