'QPR' in Vosne?

Clavelier can be superb as good as the best… but there is quite some bottle variation.

I’m having an 05 Drouhin petit monts right now that’s absolutely delicious and I think can be found sub 300. D’arlot Les suchots, Arnoux Chaumes, Gibourg Mugneret VR, and most of what has been mentioned previously.

Might want to have a look at recent pricing on that one before you add it to the QPR list…

[snort.gif]

Pretty sure this is sub 300 still; I’m seeing various vintages online back to 2013 below 300

Those are very different wines.

No, it’s about $600-$700 now. I’m sure you can get back vintages for less, but I thought you were talking about Charles’s wines.

Burguet - VR - Aux Dessus. At least in '05.

almost through a case of 09 Gerard Mugneret VR that I believe I paid $32/btl. Drinks well above that

1 Like

Those days are long gone

I bought quite a few of the 2019 Vintage. Depending on how much you ordered, who you used to import to the US, and how you want to break down shipping costs - this was the pricing ex-domaine. Really hard to beat this for QPR in Vosne.

Appellation Unit Price (EUR) Price with Import (USD)
Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Au Vallon €12.50 [$27.41]
Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Rouge Fontaine Saint Martin - MONOPOLE €13.33 [$28.44]
Vosne Romanée €38.33 [$59.44]
Chambolle Musigny €38.33 [$59.44]
Nuits Saint Georges Les Chaliots €28.33 [$47.04]
Morey Saint Denis “En la Rue de Vergy” €29.17 [$48.08]
Gevrey-Chambertin “La Platière” €29.17 [$48.08]
Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru €48.33 [$71.84]
Vosne Romanée 1er Cru Aux Brûlées €62.50 [$89.41]
Vosne Romanée 1er Cru Clos des Réas - MONOPOLE €65.83 [$93.54]
Clos Vougeot €98.33 [$133.84]

Sorry for the formatting - it doesn’t seem to want to take BB tables

I passed on futures assuming I could get the Vosne releases after they arrived in the US. Unfortunately, this was a mistake and they got sold out in futures. I added my prices in bold font for the releases that I did purchase. These prices include shipping and tax. Looks like you got an excellent price on the MSD. I also ordered some Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Fontaine Saint Martin Blanc. I get almost all my Burgs from Ansonia, a WB business.

I have a feeling that Michel Gros is going to be more and more difficult to find in the future.

2 Likes

His two 1er Vosne are well over $200 in Canada, Daniel. I have a number of both along with a few CV from 20 or so years ago when Michel was still solely making the wines and they are sneaky good. His Hautes Cotes has always punched above to me as well.

Just noticed, I mentioned Michel Gros almost exactly a year ago, back on page 1.

1 Like

I didn’t know that shop existed - so I’m about to get in trouble [thankyou.gif]

I couldn’t get the Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Nuits Fontaine Saint Martin Blanc 2019 Blanc directly and have been scouring for it.

1 Like

I would have said Guyon wines 6 to 12 months ago as great Vosne wines on an absolute and value/QPR basis, but after seeing the 2020 prices, I’m afraid these have become fairly priced but great wines

my vote goes to CLF, <$60 for his Vosne village and <$200 for his Echezeaux. Very reasonable when compared to market prices for other producers where village/1er cru/grand crus are easily 50-100% higher, but are probably same ballpark in terms of quality

Forey is still my go to for value from Vosne.

The village is silly good, and the Bourgogne Rouge is out of this world.

This! Forey Vosne and Morey are just stunning values. 2019 VR was $AU99 = $US70 retail.

Hasn’t CLF been above $60 for the Vosne and $200 for the Echezeaux for a while?

It’s why I thought I’d mention those ex-domaine pricing :grin:

Crazy they’re that high in Canada - in the USA it’s around $150.

Exchange rate is 1.25:1, so it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Ah loonies

1 Like