'QPR' in Vosne?

May contain Burgundy-like substance.

3 Likes

Yes, back in January. Mine is the latest note on CT. The other 4 bottles are now buried deep in the offsite.

+1 … VR BM and NSG Boudots.

I think all the confuron wines are good value. I tried some confuron gindre wines which were great.

C-Gindre wines need A LOT of time, very structured, even sometimes slightly dry stemmy tannins … even the Bg. rouge needs usually 10+ years. A VR Chaumes was fine with 24 years…
(all imho and subjectively)

I heard the style has changed of late

im surprised not to see more mentions of Jadot in this thread. is that due to lack of value or people not liking the Vosnes?

Because people want to drink the wine before age 20

I guess it’s what you’re after. I think post Lardiere the “wait 20 years” stuff is overstated, but they’re not great wines. To me, Jadot does their best work in Gevrey, not in Vosne. I’d rather drink an Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne village or a Mugneret-Gibourg Chaignots than a Jadot 1er cru Vosne is the way I’d put it.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think they’re fantastic. 99 suchots wasn’t bad a few months ago though.

I can see that, but to be fair M-G Vosne Village is about twice the price of Jadot Vosne 1er. on the other hand, if ya dont much wanna drink it, doesnt matter what it costs I guess huh! lol

Yeah, exactly. And fair point on the M-G village. The Chaignots is a bit cheaper. :slight_smile:

They just don’t make a lot of Vosnes, and most are negoce, so not highlights of the portfolio.
They do a great job with domaine Echezeaux, though.

1 Like

I had a very nice visit there last month and tasted mostly 18’s and 19’s (but also the '17 Clos Vougeot), and did not find any excess oak sticking out - but I might be more tolerant than some.
All of the '19 Village (VR, Chambolle and Nuit) were great for village level wines. The Clos des Reas and Brulees were the standouts -
I was very pleasantly surprised with their 18 & 19 Hautes Cotes and find it a great QPR and much better than the 2010 and 2012 which were the only other two vintages I have had (and still have).
Happy to be adding these to my cellar
_DSC4771.JPG

1 Like

I just tried the regular M. Gros 2018 HCdN in late November and thought it was excellent and ordered some more. I also own the 2018 HCdN Au Vallons and 2018 HCdN St Martin but have not tried those yet. Did you happen to taste those two releases when you were there?

I did not try the Aux Vallon (but bought a few of the '19), but I did taste the Fontaine St Martin and bought 6 each of the '18 and '19! I only took 1 of the 2019 HCdN to round up on a case.

1 Like

Thanks. I haven’t tried any of the 2019 yet, but hope to soon.

Yes

I like Clavelier’s wines, although they are made for those who are comfortable with delayed gratification. I think I’d probably buy the Corton Le Rognet at the same price point as the beaux monts, so maybe that means it doesn’t belong in the thread. I haven’t seen Grivot pop up in this thread. They are definitely worth a look. Some of the Grivot vosne are produced in teensy tiny amounts, but I’m fairly certain the Rouges makes it around, and the beauxmonts is available at or below the price threshold posited for this thread.

My BIL just popped a bottle of the 2018 St. Martin, first impressions are very positive.