Quality Rose?

You say you are not treating it as garbage, but then your own categorization shows that you are.

Wow, I so do not think of rose that way. Our fuller bodied house rose (we have Provencal style as well) is one of our most prizes and versatile pairing tools.

2 Likes

Rose may be for quaffing, but still should be kept chilled. I used my clunky seamed Crate & Barrel glasses if that’s what the accusation is founded on…

Sarah,

Could not agree more - but again, that’s why I make two different roses . . . My Cinsault Rose is light and fresh and best served nicely chilled; my Mourvedre Rose I prefer to serve at cellar temperature or so and almost treat it like a light red wine.

Cheers

2 Likes

Conterno-Nervi Il Rosato is really good. It’s only existed since 2018, but tasting the young ones and especially with it being made from Nebbiolo, I think it would be a good bet to age well.

I had the 2018 and it had way too much alcohol for my taste. Ymmv of course.

Heiner,

Quick questions - what temperature did you serve this at? And do you find Tempier Rose has too much alcohol as well?

Cheers

The Nervi might be saignée, which would explain the higher alcohol. I can’t find their website to check.

+1 On Bedrock Ode To Lulu. Close to Tempier Bandol at half the price. [cheers.gif]

Oliver,

Both the Nervi and Tempier are listed at 13.5 . . .

Cheers

Heiner Schulz wrote: ↑September 26th, 2021, 7:34 pm
Conterno-Nervi Il Rosato is really good. It’s only existed since 2018, but tasting the young ones and especially with it being made from Nebbiolo, I think it would be a good bet to age well.

I had the 2018 and it had way too much alcohol for my taste. Ymmv of course.
Heiner,

Quick questions - what temperature did you serve this at? And do you find Tempier Rose has too much alcohol as well?

Cheers

Chilled, probably around 15 degree Celsius. I tried multiple bottles of the 2018 - all the same. Tempier in my experience is more agreeable. Higher alc than I like but it has the stuffing and structure to carry it. I wouldn’t say the same about the Nervi. I’m sure it’s preference to a significant degree but, still, the Nervi stuck out like a sore thumb.

I totally get it. My guess is that the Nervi also has more acidity than the Tempier and this can accentuate the ‘burn’ of alcohol perhaps . . .

Cheers