Ravenswood library offer

I hope there are a few 1997s in there. I still fondly recall Joel grabbing barrel samples for me to taste when I visited in 1998.

1 Like

Wow, I cut my teeth on those Ravenswood Zins but drank them all within 5-10 years of the vintage. What a treat to have a chance to be able to go back and revisit them in maturity! Thanks to Joel once again, and to Wine Berserkers for making me aware of the opportunity.

List is out:
Ravenswood 1994 Icon
Ravenswood 1991 Pickberry Vineyard
Ravenswood 1994 Pickberry Vineyard
Ravenswood 1995 Rancho Salina Vineyard
Ravenswood 1996 Sonoma County Cabernet Franc
Ravenswood 1988 Gregory Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Ravenswood 1991 Gregory Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Ravenswood 1992 Gregory Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Ravenswood 1995 Gregory Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Ravenswood 1989 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
Ravenswood 1995 Donnell Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1992 Estate Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1997 Estate Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1998 Estate Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1998 Gregory Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1991 Sangiacomo Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1990 Sonoma County Merlot
Ravenswood 1993 Sonoma County Merlot
Ravenswood 1989 Summers Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1994 Sonoma County Petite Sirah
Ravenswood 1992 Belloni Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Belloni Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1997 Big River Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1999 Big River Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1987 Cooke Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1991 Cooke Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Cooke Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1996 Cooke Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1993 Los Chamizal Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Los Chamizal Vineyard Merlot
Ravenswood 1993 Monte Rossa Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Monte Rosso Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Old Hill Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1996 Old Hill Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1987 Sonoma County Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1992 Sonoma County Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1998 Teldeschi Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1993 Dickerson Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1994 Sangiacomo Merlot
Ravenswood 1988 Dickerson Vineyard Zinfandel
Ravenswood 1993 Cooke Vineyard Zinfandel

It moved a little when I saw this list.

A case of each please.

Well, there goes the 2020 budget.

Didnā€™t get the email but hopefully I get the opportunity to buy some of these.

So what would your mixed case be?

I wonder the price on these.

Perhaps Joel can post a link so that those that may want to take advantage of these can?

Not at all sure of this, but I think itā€™s really an offer for those on the Once & Future list.

Thatā€™s quite a list. I suspect many of us will be friendly competitors on the 15th.

Got to try the 94 RW Monte Rosso Zin at a Bedrock tasting a few years back. Extremely interesting wine. By far the oldest zin Iā€™ve ever had. Still very clearly a zin, decent amount of fruit left, but with a lot of aged cab like features starting to show, leather, tobacco, spice. Count me in.

Love the Gregory Cabernet. Joel was kind enough to sell me some a couple of years back. Holding up pretty well.

94 MR Zin is an incredible wine and drinking so well/youthful right now. Had it twice last year - note below as part of a blind tasting.

Brief notes - part of larger blind tasting. The ringer in a blind flight with 2012 Bedrock and Carlisle Monte Rosso. This wine was drinking really well with juicy raspberry, and slight earth notes adding interest on the finish. Medium minus bodied, mouth-watering acidity, and a nice hint of secondary characteristicsā€¦but not the point where it seemed out of place next to the younger MR zins. Kind of a mix between a lighter zin and an older cab. Great wine that belies it age. One member called it double blind that the wines tasted like they were from the same vineyard or maybe same winemaker. Pretty damn impressive. Really fun to taste all these MR wines side-by-side.

Well, there goes the 2021 budget too.

I have no experience purchasing wines 20+ years old, but Iā€™m interested in participating. Does anyone have an educated guess on what the prices will be?

Nope. Waiting with baited breath.

The story made it sound like he rescued them off the scrap pile, so Iā€™m hoping if thatā€™s the case prices will be very fair?

Ok, I am guessing $50 a bottle - just a guess. How many think over, how many under? (just for fun)

1 Like