Re - 2019 Rivers-Marie Spring Chardonnay Offer

My shipment just arrived. I’ve never had a RM Chardonnay, so now trying to figure out which one to try first …

Just checked my tracking info. Traveling I40 through Amarillo.

I’m located in Los Angeles. Still no tracking number or email. Logging in shows “Order pending shipment”. Might as well have selected a ship date of 3-18-19 instead…

I got the ship notification this morning, but I wanted to note that the delay may have been fortunate for me after all, as there was a (small) heat wave here in SoCal this past weekend, so perhaps Will wanted to hold until better weather this week? Anyways, looking forward to getting it Weds.

Mine arrived here to the east bay on Saturday. Temps ere in the low 70’s. As the wine was packed in styrofoam it was still cold to the touch.

I think I got booted from the list. Never got the email.

Tim
They are very tightly allocated, they have a large current list and likely a bunch on the waitlist. I have been on the list forever, yet get @ 3 allocated of the B Thieriot Chardonnay, which I think is the finest Chardonnay they make. However the Bearwallow and the new vineyards might equal it.

I would think given the semi cult nature of the winery that if you skip one vintage you will likely retain your spot on the list, BUT if you skip 2 vintages without calling them, they probably did drop you. Call them explain your predicament, and assuming you wish to purchase again, maybe they can restore you to the active list.

In the past, R-M has communicated that they are aware people signed up specifically for Pinot, or for cab or chard, and therefore did not require purchasing each and every offer.

Not sure if that’s still the case but I hope so.

Tim - Check your PM, I think I have found the problem.

Jonathan - Everyone receives the same allocation, regardless of purchase history or length of time on the active list.

Jeremy - There is no penalty for skipping an offer. My rule of thumb is no purchases over two full release cycles results in removal from active status, but it is often longer than that, as my fear of making a catastrophic mistake with the master list is tremendous.