Really expensive Cast Iron Skillets

I picked up one extra for a present also to get the free shipping ($150). Exactly what my kitchen needs. I cook much more after I’ve retired. My Lodge cast iron will get a break. Needed smaller skillets for steaks and mushrooms- mmm!

I bought 2 of the no 35 paella pans to get the free shipping. Once these are seasoned they are gorgeous

got a 20 and 27 saute and a 27 paella. looking forward to em! Retire that lodge cast iron pan. ha

if you purchased the no.25 pan the size is in cm not inches. it is 8.2" diameter

I’m in for two #35 Paella pans. Have been looking for a quality carbon steel Paella pan.

Anyone know when these are getting shipped? Thought it was immediate

I received notice it was supposed to by the end of the day today from DHL

ah, still haven’t gotten a shipping notice on mine. I did note the email said “after aug 26th”

Yeah, that’s what mine said as well.

There are a few nice looking craftsman skillets around these days. I don’t know where they get their iron but I guess you can find old engine blocks or something just like the Chinese versions.

This looks pretty cool. And it’s polished. Not sure about how practical the handle is.

finex.jpg

These are polished too, unlike most cast iron made today.

stargazer.jpg

This is made from wrought iron, not cast iron, so should be stronger. If you’ve ever dropped a cast iron pan on cement accidentally, the handle can actually break off. Not that it’s particularly common, but I’ve done it. And the handle is longer here, which supposedly keeps it pretty cool. I’ve been toying with the idea of picking it up but as my wife points out, we have eight cast iron and enameled cast iron skillets now and we really don’t need another. Still . . .

aus ion.jpg

I’ve got one of the wrought iron ones, one thing I like about it, is the weight. It is way lighter than my Lodges and so much easier to work with, the long handle makes it much easier with tea towel in hand (as the handle still gets hot!) to flip, pour etc.

Received my Darto order from DHS today. Opened the box and one of the pans has a large drill hole in the bottom. I’ve emailed them that I need a replacement so here is hoping they have good customer service. The rest of them I have seasoning now:
IMG_6222.jpg
IMG_6224.jpg

Yikes! Did they ever send you a tracking number? I got the email that it would be shipping and that a tracking number was eminent but have yet to receive that email.

DHL did once it came through customs.

no worries, just get a good coat on it and it’ll seal right over.

Ooh! That’s the very desirable self-draining model. Lucky bastard.

How the hell does something like that get out of a factory?

How does that pass quality control? Amazing.

Got an email back that said:

It is unacceptable, we will send you a new one next week,

Truly surprise about that.

Best regards,

Nicolas

So, I’m a happy customer.

How did this resolve. Mine showed up today and the packaging was all beat up. The pans look OK, but not great and seem gooey from some sort of coating. I assume they’ll be fine, I mean, they’re pressed iron.

I can’t find any particulars on the site regarding seasoning, so should I just treat like cast iron? Did anyone else have the sticky coating like stuff?

TIA.

They said they are sending a new one but no word yet. Thanks for the reminder. The gooey stuff is just food grade wax so it doesn’t rust. It needs removed though before you season it.