Realm Cellars Fall Release

Anyone have more reviews on the 17’ bard? Wish they added petit verdot to the blend.
Wondering how many I should go in for.

Only interested in a few bottles of the Bard, but shipping is making it hard to pull the trigger. Anyone in the NY/Central NJ/Philly area want to combine? PM me.

In-Absurd & Bard

According to Jeb:
“the 2016 The Absurd checks in as 66% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, the rest Petit Verdot”

Anyone know why there aren’t scores available for the Bard and Tempest yet? Pretty sure both JD and RP were out last year.

That shipping cost is no joke.

Italics took some of the smoke tainted fruit and distilled it down into a brandy. Currently selling it as a dessert wine and it’s pretty awesome.

For what it’s worth, if you choose standard shipping over 2 day the cost is roughly cut in half.

Last year I was not offered an allocation of the Absurd, but this year they offered me 1, so I took it. Very expensive indeed at $475. I’ve never paid that for a California Cab. I know Cabs can go much higher (ex. Screaming Eagle, Colgin etc.), so I hope this is worth it. Sounds like the 2016 needs a bit of time in the bottle.

Just got an email that my wish was granted for one bottle of Absurd. Didn’t think it would happen so hope it’s good. Also hope it helps unlock the door to a Dr Crane allocation.

I was given my wish request for an extra 3 Bards. [cheers.gif]

And you are welcome for whoever got my two bottles of Absurd as I left those on the table. Enjoy. champagne.gif

I ended up getting the wish request granted for 1 bottle of Absurd yesterday.

Granted my wish list for one bottle of Absurd as well.

I was granted an extra 2 bottles of Bard. My original allocation was 4 bottles.

I’m a first time Realm buyer and my shipment of The Bard arrived today and they don’t fit in standard racks. I’m curious is that true of all Realm bottles?

Yea, unfortunately none of their bottles fit in standard racks

I just stack the cardboard boxes they come in.

Odd shaped bottles are cellar busters. The Turley bottles are another that make me cringe when trying to figure out how to store.

They fit just fine on my wine racks.

I joined Turley in the spring. I have a big Vinotheque fridge but only two columns for oversized bottles and all these odd shapes are going to become a problem.