Received Detert email this morning

I’m glad its only 3 but this is an amazing wine.

A Loren Sonkin sighting!! Love it!!

Hope you’re well buddy!

I’d love to purchase this wine, but can’t justify purchasing 3 at $175.

2 Likes

Reason being? It is Grenache, from one the most coveted stretch of land for the wine industry. [berserker.gif]

1 Like

Cab Franc, not Grenache right?

Picked up my 3 pack allocation! Very excited.

Def one of the better Cab francs in Cali to me. Debating how many to buy. Still have a bunch of the 16s

It would be fun if Detert and MacDonald got together and made a meritage. Any other wines you would add into this barrel?

2 Likes

Your comment really came off snobby, but hopefully that wasn’t your intention :slight_smile:. Sorry (in advance) if I took it the wrong way. It’s also Cabernet Franc and yeah, it’s from a very coveted stretch of land. My dad loves Cabernet Franc and I already purchased a bottle of the 2016 Trespass Cabernet Franc which will arrive sometime in the Fall. Managed to find some dirt cheap 2016 Titus Cabernet Franc’s as well and we’ll open one relatively soon.

Almost forgot to answer why not haha. It’s just too expensive as I have a lower income than some of the others on here. Would love to purchase it, but that would be a very ill-advised financial decision.

1 Like

I buy their regular offering, but with shipping, this is nearly $200 a bottle. Too rich for me.

1 Like

Money money money but at least it’s an etched bottled!

Your comment really came off snobby, but hopefully that wasn’t your intention :slight_smile:. Sorry (in advance) if I took it the wrong way. It’s also Cabernet Franc and yeah, it’s from a very coveted stretch of land. My dad loves Cabernet Franc and I already purchased a bottle of the 2016 Trespass Cabernet Franc which will arrive sometime in the Fall. Managed to find some dirt cheap 2016 Titus Cabernet Franc’s as well and we’ll open one relatively soon.

Almost forgot to answer why not haha. It’s just too expensive as I have a lower income than some of the others on here. Would love to purchase it, but that would be a very ill-advised financial decision.
[/quote]

Dan,
I do not know you, and you are correct that was not my intention. It is costly, with shipping it comes to about $197.00 a bottle, and maybe I will enjoy one years down the road. When I was married with dual income wine purchases was made without a blink of an eye. Now 10 years later, divorced, and paying off a bad business decision, I am in a better place financially. If you really want to understand income perspective take a look at that poll about winebersekers and how much on average they earn each year.

2 Likes

The only thing I found a bit aggravating is the shipping charge! Yes, I’m aware that it comes in a wooden box, but come on.

1 Like

In for 3.

Pulled the trigger for 3 myself

In for 3. anyone happen to know when the regular CF and CS are offered? I am new to the list.

Late February / early March. The 2019s will be up next.

1 Like

Thank you sir!

Well, if anyone wants to see 1x of their 2018 Detert Cabernet Franc East Block, please DM me. Much appreciated.

2018 Detert Cabernet Franc East Block arrived today!