Recommendations for Mosel Producers

I am a Bassins fan- but remember I live in Texas. Between I and some very trusted friends who luckily are not sick of me asking- there is a lot of CA and NY travel so that things can be brought back in person (and even then, limits are strict), but these days getting things shipped here is just not an option unless it is winery direct and the winery has a specific permit for Texas.

A decade ago- that would have been in the cards. 2015 was my first encounter with the wines thanks to a good friend in NYC. But we will see- winding down on Bordeaux and Burgundy is easy with prices what they are- but I might keep on with the Riesling a bit more than currently planned :slight_smile:

Don’t think 10-12 is enough for MSR Spätlesen from vintages with good structure to show their best. 1996-1998 are stunning right now. Especially for my taste, 1996-97. Better than they were in the 2006-2009 period, i.e., 10-12 years out. Although 2001-2002, 2004 are drinking well, in my view there is still upside potential. All now beyond your 12-year window.

The 2007s-2008s are still relative babies from that perspective, despite how good they are.

I would try to backfill if you don’t own German Spätlesen older than 2007.

Thanks Tom
It could never be to often repeated that a half consumed bottle improves after a couple of days in the fridge. This goes for dry wines as well
I would add Hofgut Falkenstein and Karthäuserhof

+1