Rest in Peace Hank Gillespie

So sorry to hear the news. I really wish I had an opportunity to share a glass of wine with him. My sincere condolence to his family and friends.

Sad news. I would bet a life well lived. I always appreciated his thoughtful contributions and comments.

I always enjoyed his posts. RIP

Sorry to hear… RIP

So sorry to hear… RIP, Hank.

Sorry to hear this. Hank will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Sorry to hear the sad news.

In Parker’s Board we talked about the good old days in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada… of the early 60s.

jon - condolences.

Sorry to hear this. We talked hockey from time to time instead of just wine. His Edmonton team is having an excellent year and I am thinking they have a shot at the cup.

RIP Hank, and my condolences to his family.

We never met but his online presence was real and engaging. I always paid attention to his thoughts on wine and life. RIP

Al

Very sad. We never met but had many discussions.

I never met him, but he seemed to enjoy life like the guy in this photo:

really sad news - always loved his contributions here.

Never met Hank or wrote to him, but was always impressed with his posts. Often, he was a calming influence on some topics that seemed to be spinning a bit. I will miss his posts, and hope he does rest in peace, and his family members do well.

I too had never met him but loved reading his posts over the years. RIP Hank

Very sorry to hear this. I enjoyed his posts.

Sad news, indeed. My condolences to his family.

I always made a point to read Hank’s insights here, he will be missed.

-Michael

Very sad news - when I read the recent post on a Tucson Lunch bunch gathering that indicated Hank was unable to attend for health reasons, I had made a note to reach out to him and see how he was doing - obviously not soon enough.

Hank and I were both “dedicated” enthusiasts of that great American art form, jazz - we never met, but we’ve shared a lot of music over the years.

RIP, Hank.