Rhys Fall 2012 Offering

Love, love, love cool climate syrah!

Black pepper or white pepper?

I think there is a full shaker of both in this one but maybe even more white than black!

Tellicherry or malambar?

Thanks, Kevin. Sounds great.

As always the Horseshoe pinot will be my target on this one. Hands off my Horseshoe!

Is there any habanero or serrano pepper in it? Bell pepper? Barry Pepper? Dr. Pepper?

I am in agreement with Kevin on the Syrah. We had it at the Spring pick up and it was outstanding. That coming from someone that is not usually leaning towards Syrah. I wish I had taken notes beyond “wow,” sorry.

Does anyone know which of these wines will be offered to those on the lower rungs of the list?

Brian, a few bottles of the horseshoe pinot should be available. Production on the horseshoe syrah and chard is likely pretty low, so that would depend on demand as to how widely it is distributed. [cheers.gif]

Brian,
The wines with the most availability will be the '09 Horseshoe PN and the '10 San Mateo PN.

Kevin, how does it compare to the 2008?

Cool. Thanks, Kevin.

Andrew,
The '09 is not as big and structured as the '08. It is more elegant, drinks well now (but will age) and has loads of pepper and mineral.

HI Kevin - when do you expect to be able to open the offer out to the wait list?

CT shows that 58 users have already purchased the 2009 Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah , yet it isn’t released yet? I know that it was tasted at the winter pickup event here in the Bay Area, but how do so many people already have it in stock?

From CT:
Community average value: 750ml @ $49.96 (58 users)
Total community holdings: 239 total bottles (9 pending delivery with 201 in stock and 29 consumed)

Here’s the link:

I would guess that users made an error, as that entire release was 2009, with the exception of the Syrah. Also, the price matches the price of the 2008.

I brought this to Eric’s attention a couple of months ago, but it seems some people do have this already… seems strange to me.

Eric brought this to my attention. The CT tasting notes do sound like the '09 Syrah (which we have shown to many customers) but the inventory numbers must be in error.

The only thing I don’t like about this release if that I have to remember to order wine during bottling and berry samples.
A iPhone reminder should solve that. I will be all in for what ever they let me buy this go round.