Rhys Futures Tweet

This is great feedback. We had no idea there was so much interest in 375s. I love that customers could more easily contrast and compare our vineyards this way.

How about a mixed case of 375s comprised of Alpine, Horseshoe, Family Farm and Bearwallow Pinots?

Here are some other answers:

so you would definitely have it set up where a futures purchase and subsequent failure to buy would not have the normal effect on allocations?
Futures purchases will add to purchase history and thereby help future allocations.

why no 12x750 mL OWCs?
We have gone back and forth on this. What would people prefer?

In order to plan for future Rhys purchases, can you give us more info on the Alesia offering coming in the spring?
The Spring Alesia offer will be the 2011 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir and 2011 Alder Springs Chardonnay. Both will be offered at $35 with no purchase limit.

Actually, I really appreciate the feedback and I am now happy we prematurely tweeted this. With a new offering it is hard to predict what customers would like and the input here will be used to make a better offering.

I would like 12 pack OWCs, but I understand the arguments against.

And as someone who lives alone, i buy all the 375s I can.

How about a mixed case of 375s comprised of Alpine, Horseshoe, Family Farm and Bearwallow Pinots?

Yes.

YES PLEASE!! Love it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

+1 – great idea to allow more side by side tasting of the different vineyards

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I/we would drink Rhys wines far more frequently if they came in 375s.

Would also LOVE full lineup 375’s !!! [cheers.gif]

How about a mixed case of Alpine, Horsehose, Family Farm, Bearwallow, Swan Terrance, Skyline, Home, and Hillside (if produced)?
YES!

better… offer everything in 375 but require minimum of 6 or 12 in mixed format (including chards, and syrahs etc)
YESSSSS!! - if necessary do these 375 as futures with 3L/larger formats… so you know exactly what’s left for the regular bottling offering.

One more Rhy offering during the year can’t hurt right?

(one can dream?)
:wink:

Kevin-

Just to be clear, there isn’t a price break with futures, it is just a way to secure larger quantities, correct? That seems like how they are priced unless there is a price increase coming for Horseshoe and Alpine.

Thanks.

That’s right Nathan, there is no price break. This is just a way for people to buy different formats and larger quantities.

1000% YES!!!

+1. Better yet if some Syrah were involved.

[cheers.gif]

Happy all the folks want the 375,s but I cant count as one, I like the 750s.

On the Alesia, is that a separate list…how do I get on that…I would love to fill in some less expensive chard and pinot (as I do with my copain tous ensem)

Mark,
We are managing Alesia separately (meaning Rhys customers don’t feel obliged to buy) but all Rhys customers will always be offered the wine.

Great idea Kevin, particularly around the sampler case of 375s, and maybe 3L or two. :slight_smile:

why no price break on the futures? should get at least something knocked off for floating the money that far in advance

I think winemakers/owners sometimes live in a box (as retailers do too) and think “this will never sell”, so they never even offer 375’s, thus confirming their prejudice. I wish more wineries would offer the less than 750’s more often (doesn’t have to be for everything, but sometimes a little goes a looong way).

One way to look at it is that you do get something: the ability to access hard to obtain wines in formats and quantities you are not normally able to.

The reality is that Kevin has invested enormous amounts of money in the vineyards and winery. Why would it be rational to leave money on the table when they are going to sell out anyway?