Rhys Spring 2011 Offer is LIVE

D.
Both years were very low yielding, but '08 Swan terrace is slightly lower than '07.

RE: Alesia
Randy, I had the same experience with virtually all of the pre-2007 Alesia bottlings that I have purchased but I stuck with it as my interest in the Rhys line-up grew. Now that I’m offered much more Rhys, I’ll buy Alesia just to fill a case (no need this time though). But I must say that the '07 Alesia Sonoma that I had last month was beautiful so I suggest giving them another try. [cheers.gif]

Hey Kevin - if I don’t get a Chardonnay offer the next time it is available, can I [smileyvault-ban.gif] you??

Crack-heads! [wink.gif]

Todd,
Let’s not find out the answer!
In all seriousness, Chard availability should improve. Also with Horseshoe coming online, we will have at least one Chard for each offering. So this is the last Chard-free release.

Highest number of users online ever at Wine Berserkers - Rhys offer comes out - coincidence?

The former record was set during the day the Rivers Marie offer was released…

Ouch - 15 bottles - that is going to leave a mark. [swoon.gif]

I agree wit you Randy, the bottles I had were sulphur bombs, just horrid, but I mentioned that to the Rhys people who replaced them with other, more recent syrahs that did not suffer from this problem. The wines are good to great, so I would not give up based on that experience.

Remember that '04 (with the exception of an excellent '03 Syrah) was both their first commercial release and also a very hot vintage. And back then Alesia was made from purchased grapes (unlike Rhys). In general my consistent favorite for the Alesias was the Green Valley which wasn’t produced that year.

I’ve been very excited by some of the Rhys pinots, others have been less to my taste. But they’ve all been interesting and show a dedication and attention to quality that I find impressive. As a result even for the ones I’ve found less interesting on release I wouldn’t bet against them down the line. And the chardonnays are consistently excellent (speaking as someone who is rarely impressed by CA chardonnay).

In short - while I make no claims that you’ll necessarily like the wines the '04 Alesias are not a good yardstick by which to judge them.

I can offer 2 things:

1. We had both syrahs in Falltacular this past weekend. I liked the Horseshoe but I can tell you the Skyline is stunning. I can’t post over from Cellartracker today but my notes on both wines are over there. 2 words on the Skyline–BUY IT!

2. For anyone in the OC, I will have a few extra bottles from my order. If you are not able to get an allocation, contact me on PM and I can share a couple in the OC only.

I’ll echo that. The Sklyline syrah stole the show at pickup day last fall.

Thanks to all for the feedback.

[dance-clap.gif] I was contacted by Josh Beck, winemaker for Rhys, and they are replacing my bad bottles and going to give me a chance to try some of their most recent wines.

Excellent customer service, as always!

I hate both of you: It was the one wine I was planning on passing on.

Well that’s a lousy way to find out you don’t have a job anymore [cry.gif]

New to the board and to Rhys mailing list. I’ve never had any Rhys, can someone give me a few comparison so that I know what I’m getting into here. Thanks in advance!

Cheer up! Maybe Josh will hire you as his assistant! [highfive.gif]

One reason that there is so much screaming insanity here is that there isn’t really much of a direct comparison.

Mount Eden? Copain Kiser En Haut?

Low alcohol, great balance, vibrant and well focused fruit, excellent site expression.

I’ve yet to try the syrah. How does it compare to say, a Lillian?

Hey, I don’t want to get involved in office politics, but let this be a lesson to you on how excellent customer service can get someone to the top.

neener

[rofl.gif]