Rhys Virtual Tasting--Thursday, 4/16 @ 5PM PT With Kevin Harvey and Jeff Brinkman

I only have a handful at home and my offsite is off-limits…so the 2013 Family Farm Pinot is what I’ll crack open.

Thinking 2004 Alesia Chileno Valley Syrah? [gen_fro.gif]

Damn, you’ll need to dust that one off…early days, there.

Whoa, that’s from even before “early” started.

I’m thinking about 2012 Family Farm or Alpine Pinot. I’d prefer to wait a few years before opening the Swan. Likewise, the Skyline Pinot was amazing at release, but I’m hoarding my 1-2 bottles for awhile.
See you Thursday,
Peter

Kevin, please consider also opening 2012 Horseshoe, Family Farm or Alpine pinot as i have half bottles of those and i will be drinking alone.

And maybe either an alpine or horseshoe chard from 2013 as i have 500 ml bottles.

Good morning. Replied to new PMs this morning, everyone who asked should have the link. if you sent me a PM and I have not replied, hit me again.

We’ve passed the 40 mark and nearing 50 total. Thanks to this support thus far and keep sending me PMs if you would like the link to attend.

And, you can visit the the earlier posts from Kevin and Jeff to perhaps align your choice for Thursday to what they are tasting. If you’re constrained from getting into your cellar, do the best you can. The point is to get together, meet the Rhys team, open something Rhys and discuss wine, to beat The 19.

Stay safe everyone.

Sounds great, I’m in. Think I have a few 07 Alpines laying around and looking for an excuse.

Very cool! I am in and will dig up a bottle from the Vinoteque. Looking forward to meeting everyone “in person.” flirtysmile

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I have the '12 Swan Terrace and the Horseshoe here at the house - looking forward to it! [cheers.gif]

Will probably do with the 2013 Pinot half bottles what we recently did with our 2017 Chardonnay half bottles: blind tasting of Horseshoe, Bearwallow, Alpine, and Family Farm.

That is cool. [highfive.gif]

Assuming my spouse doesn’t grab it off the shelf before Thursday, I’ll be opening a 2010 Rhys Horseshoe Chardonnay.

2012 Bearwallow PN

2008 Skyline Syrah, I think

This is my thinking as well. I will open a 2012 Alpine Pinot.

We count 70 Berserkers today who have asked for the link. Thank you all for continuing to support these Zoom events.

All the PMs for the link have been caught up. Please continue to PM me if you want to attend this Thursday’s event with Kevin and Jeff.

2012 Swan Terrace on site and on deck!

Are Kevin and Jeff going to tell us what all they are opening? We are going to open at least 2 maybe 3 bottles. I think I saw the Jeff was going to open 2012 chardonnays so I’ll do that as well but need to pick a pinot or two. I saw 2012 swan terrace is getting some play but those are really young and was hoping Kevin might open some older stuff.

I think it’s more appropriate to say thank you for setting these up!