Riverain 2017 Tench Cabernet and some very limited library Syrah

Thank you Tracy! Come see us again soon!

Yes, 2012 syrah is great. But I have a sweet spot in my heart for the 2011. It was Steve’s first vintage, 2011 was brutal for everyone, he was very reserve about sharing the first samples with no label, and it was amazing.

Here my last tastes of each.

• 2011 Riverain Syrah Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Bennett Valley (11/26/2019)
    wow, 4 years since I last tasted. This was a 3L beast from FMIII, a gift from Steve. Really holding up nicely with the black olive note I enjoy so much and dark sticky tar. Fruit on the attack seems to be backing down compared to initial tastings.
  • 2012 Riverain Syrah Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Bennett Valley (4/27/2017)
    Book Club - Magnumfest; 4/25/2017-4/27/2017 (The Winery, Newport Beach, CA): Blind from a mag. I was 100% confident this was syrah and scribbled down “cornas?” but ultimately went California. There was more than a little debate at the table as to whether or not this was a petite sirah because it looked like it in the glass, it was thick and black yet when swirled coated the glass with a magenta film. For me, the black olive note was a dead ringer yet I agreed that there was some blue fruit mixed in with the big, rough, and tumble tannins and dark blackberry flavors. Man, this settled down a bit with some air but it’s really young. This is definitely magic in the bottle for the next 20 years.

Posted from CellarTracker

Beautiful wines. Thanks!!
In again

Hi Steve,
I created an account about 30 minutes ago but I’m not getting an option to order, and I can’t even log back in. I even tried resetting my password.

Thanks
Demian Saenz

Sent you a pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for producing this beautiful syrah. In for yet another case of the 11s and some 12s.

Best,

Joe

Thanks for the great offer Steve!

Perfect option for me as I’ve been wanting to try your Cab for years and I’ve been sitting on my final bottle of 2012 Syrah. Happy to be able to grab the Cab and re-load on the Syrah.

Trent

Thank you for the orders! 12 Syrah is fantastic.

Joe, got your note. Thanks and will do!

Excited to try your wines, especially the 2012 Syrah!

Hi!

I logged in, however, no wines are available to order. Please advise!

Steve - How is the 17 compared to the 16? I know 17 was a more challenging vintage but just checking your thoughts on tasting differences?

You have to sign in using the offer code, and then the special offers showed up. At least for me.

In for a case, 6 each, of the library Syrah. Have heard good things, and am looking forward to trying.

Order in! Thanks Steve!

Ordered. Thank you!

This should do it, but if it does not, feel free to email me at steve@riverainvineyards.com

Hi Nick,

My early expectations for this vintage were lower than the previous (wonderful) years, just on weather challenges, but we seemed to avoid any troubles and I think the 2017s are right there with what we made from 2012-2016. It is a bit backward like the 2013, but not nearly as reticent, if that makes sense. Tons of concentration and flavor, less jammy than the 2015, slightly more classic. I do not think you will be disappointed, especially for $100 (if you did a 360 standing in the Tench Vineyard, there is nothing in sight under $175 and many more than that). Thomas and I did a huge barrel tasting before bottling and the quality was high enough across the board that we plucked 4 barrels and made a Reserve.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to everyone for the orders, this morning was booming!

I love this wine. I did a tasting of 3 different Tench wines and this was our favorite.

I grabbed some syrah… like I did last year!

Hi Steve,
What a great offer on these incredible wines! (and one of my favorite Syrahs) Have a great day!