Riverain: Discussing the wines, winemaker, owners, and anything else of interest

Will be waiting for the reserve this summer.

The website still shows the 2016 Syrah but I’ll just make a reminder for all Riverain. :sunglasses:

We will have a tiny bit of Syrah 2015 and 2016 for next berserker day and then it’s all gone.

2012 is super right now

2 Likes

It is right in your wheelhouse.

I will be all over that BD '15 Syrah. The '16 I had last year was incredible. Sorry to hear, if it’s true, that you won’t be making Syrah anymore :frowning:

I would suspect the fact that he is still trying to sell through his 2015 and 2016 is a factor in not making it anymore.

Nah, the Cardiac Hill vineyard is struggling. Don’t know the details but now Carlisle and Riverain have stopped taking fruit from the place.

Syrah decline?

Despite the quality it can be challenging to sell. We did pretty well selling through but it takes some work.

So is the the reason you are not making it anymore or are there other reasons? Who is getting the fruit now?

Music to my ears! Looking forward to it.

Hi Larry,

The fruit goes to a number of producers I believe.

We had the opportunity to obtain Silver Eagle Pinot and decided to switch to that.

Got this email a few minutes ago. didn’t know someone dropped 99 points on it, that’s nice of them. Hopefully the wine is as good as the label, love that label.

Dear Fellow Wine Lovers,

We are very happy to be back in action with the release of our most exclusive wine, our Reserve Cabernet.

The 2018 Reserve Cabernet Tench Vineyard will be released 9:00 a.m. PDT this coming Wednesday, June 23. Please mark your calendars as we expect this 99 pointer will sell out quickly and the wine is offered first come, first serve.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at > steve@riverainvineyards.com> .

Thanks for being part of the Riverain family!

Steve, Mariko, Dean, and Laurie

Does anyone know the cost of the Reserve Cabernet?

Thank you.

Jim

Got the email and have the same question.

Also, who rated it 99? I’m probably in regardless from I’ve read.

Dunnuck

if memory serves, the reserve is $195/btl. I’m in (hopefully)

Indeed it was JD who gave it the 99 points. $210 per bottle, just 90 cases.

2018 Reserve offer was live for me just now, order in!

order in, 3 + a mag

1 Like