Riverain: Discussing the wines, winemaker, owners, and anything else of interest

Disregard, I see it was $330 a 3-pack vs. $420 for today’s offer.

Was the Tench the only wine offered today?
TIA

yes

Popped one purchased from BD, what a wine. Went back and ordered more at the higher tariff, well worth it.

I was going to do this but I know it will make me buy more and I have a lot of 2018 Cab thanks to de Negoce so I’m holding off. That said, I’ll be all over the Reserve this year.

1 Like

Thanks Rob!

The Syrahs from BD arrived today.
F1D6286F-F6B3-4FBC-859D-A5DFFB0C106A.jpeg

There is a reserve of this wine? In the words of Grand Funk Railroad, I’ll bet it’s some kind of wonderful!

My 2018s from BD showed up today. Must…exercise…restraint…

There are two past vintages and I think there’s an 18 reserve hiding somewhere.

I’ve never tasted the reserve because it’s so limited.

To add on this, the Reserve was sold in the summer and if you wanted it you could get it. I bought 2016 but didn’t buy 2017. Guessing yields were good enough in 2018 and clearly the quality was there that there will definitely be a Reserve this year. I think was $180-200 but can’t remember exact price. Might be more this year given quality, demand, and base price of the offer.

Hey Steve, can you add me to your mailing list? I haven’t received anything. Or have Scott reach out? Thanks man…

4 barrels of Reserve coming in July

1 Like

Will do!

Three bottles of 2018 Cab landed yesterday. Now to keep my paws off them for a while…or not.

I bought on BD day, and I still bought at the higher tariff on release. And Riverain came up at dinner with a colleague tonight. It is becoming apparent I have a Riverain problem. Which I’m sure Steve will not rush to help me with a cure! Love this wine.

1 Like

Now you have a real problem, email from Steve that 2018 is sold out.

Good for them.

Glad I put in an order yesterday.

I bought the Syrahs on BD, but missed out on the cab. I’m setting a reminder for BD ‘22 to buy Cabernet and the syrahs.

They are not making the syrah anymore, BTW my personal favorite but my wife is the Riverain cabernet freak.

I’m not sure there is any syrah left, I’d PM Steve and ask. I know he was pulling stuff out of his personal cellar for Berserkerday.

Side note: for a number of years the syrah was the house wine by the glass at the Montage Resort in Laguna Beach, CA and that place has a DEEP cellar.

I just looked in my cellar and I still have 2011 and 2012 syrah. The 2011 is a spectacular wine for Rhone lovers.

2 Likes