Rivers-Marie 100pts

Not to take away from RM because their stuff is fantastic but the Wayfarer scores were impressive for how small the range is.

Another year I’ll be maxing the allocation. What a shame…

I have a feeling the 18’s are going to light up the scoreboards for a lot of the board sweetheart labels.

I totally agree, been buying since the '07 vintage and it’s always a bummer when certain wines sell out before I’m free to go online and purchase.

But c’est la vie…because either way, I’m happy and R-M only makes me happier.

[cheers.gif]

No crap. Next to the Wayfarer and Cobb scores, the RM seems almost paltry, other than the 100-pointer.

my 100 pts is not AG’s 100 pts

And your point is? congrats to the RM team [cheers.gif]

LOL!!!

my palate is not Galloni’s, I’ve tried to go with it, been there done that

any questions Scott?

I’m fine with AG. I have a coupe of these RM from ‘17 but haven’t tried yet so will have to open one or take a Coravin glass in the next week before the ‘18 is released

‘16 Hillside Select also got a hundo. I tried that one at the vineyard and it was definitely very good.

Wayfarer sounds interesting too might have to give them a try. Quite the range of Pinot Noirs in their lineup.

just signed up for their mailing list. Gave OP credit for the referral, if it matters at all.

How many points did Frank give it???

I’m not sure my palate aligns with Frank [wink.gif]

He gave it three strokes a side, and as Brig notes, it crushed him.

Thanks for posting and congrats to the RM team - it is quite an accomplishment to receive this score for sure.

My comment above had more to do with the sheer number of 100 point scores we’ve seen from different reviewers over the past decade - and the interesting ‘responses’ those have on this board to high scores based on producer. None of this is meant to discount the achievements that TRB and his staff have achieved . . .

Cheers.

There’s definitely been a glutton of 100 point scores in the past decade, but we’ve also had probably the best continuous run of growing seasons that Napa/Sonoma have ever had. Its a compliment to the farming and wine making that there’s been so many great wines.

I agree that wines in general are ‘getting better all the time’ due to many things, including lots of modern science. Many would argue that ‘growing conditions’ are not necessarily ‘better’ than in the past - we have more ‘tools’ to deal with a variety of issues these days.

Cheers

I have no opinion on the Rivers Marie in particular. But, here is some data.

Between Friday and Monday, AG posted approximately 750 reviews on Napa and Sonoma. Of those, by my count 6 received outright 100 point scores, and one more received a 98-100 point range. So, a little less than 1% of reviews got 100 points. And, most of the wines reviewed are pretty high-end, not grocery-store plonk. In my opinion, not really an over-abundance of 100 point scores.

Totally fair to critique whether a wine deserves 100 points or not (that is 1/2 the fun of this, isn’t it?). But I don’t think it is fair to suggest that 100 points (from that reviewer, at least) are being handed out all over the place, hence cheapening the achievement.

In the spirit of being a Berserker, I need to correct you mate.

“There’s definitely been a glut of 100 point scores…” not “… been a glutton of 100 point scores…”.

Glut: an abundance
Glutton: an overindulging person

[cheers.gif]

From the save the date email:

“With the 2017 vintage (January 2019 release), we introduced the Platt Vineyard Pinot Noir to our lineup. We were thrilled to get the fruit and based on the reaction to the bottling, we weren’t alone. Given the size of the block and the impossibly low yields, it became obvious that we were going to have to change the way we offered this wine to you, our direct mailing list customers. Starting this release, we will be offering one bottle of Platt Pinot Noir to as many folks as we can. Non-allocated customers will have the ability to wish for a bottle if they want and we will do our best to honor as many requests as possible.”

I won’t be offered a Platt just a wish list. Dang! On a really good note I have lots of bottles allocated (24) from RM with some of my favorites so not disappointed at all :slight_smile: The best bang for your buck pinot in my opinion, the Sonoma Coast is in there so I will drink those up first!! Cheers to RM success!

There could be a glutton of 100pt wines - hell there are probably several of them on this board