Rivers-Marie 100pts

i think this is just the generic email you will have to wait for your actual offer. for R-M I have been offered different stuff then there email

That would be 1 bottle

HA! Touche. [cheers.gif]

No Platt in the email offer for me. So its going to be wishlist and a mix of everything else.

The offer:

(3) 2018 Rivers-Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir – $30/btl

(4) 2018 Rivers-Marie Silver Eagle Pinot Noir – $60/btl

(4) 2018 Rivers-Marie Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir – $60/btl

(5) 2018 Rivers-Marie Occidental Ridge Pinot Noir – $60/btl

(5) 2018 Rivers-Marie Summa Vineyard Pinot Noir – $60/btl

(3) 2018 Rivers-Marie Summa Old Vines Pinot Noir – $80/btl

Read the fine print, you might be offered the one bottle

The PNs have been hit or miss for me. I think they’re better with a little age on them, say 7+ years from vintage. I’ve had a few that have rocked my world and then some that I found overly sweet with a persistent hint of orange peel. They’re definitely crowd pleasers on the lower end. Not sure I can tell much difference with their higher priced bottles. I’ll have to think this one over as I’ve really steered away from Cali wines and Pinot in general.

My Save the Date doesn’t have any writeup, just a list of bottlings and allocations. Weird. (I did get allocated a bottle of Platt, tho, so not complaining.)

Mind posting the rest?

Oh I will absolutely take the 1 if that is what is offered. The fine print did say they would offer to as many customers as possible. Sounds like they may not have enough for the entire mailing list. We will find out on Tuesday. Hopefully I get 1 to add to the cellar. These are great additions to any collection.

I’ve already started backfilling 2017 vintages of RM Platt at local stores. Hopeful to get allocated 1 bottle, even though wasn’t listed explicitly in the email.

For someone who’s never tasted RM, what are the highlights of this release aside from the 100 pointer which I won’t be allocated anyway?

The Summa, Summa OV and the Sonoma Coast are automatic buys for me.

Only bought three bottles last year, one of which was the Platt, so slightly sad to not have it offered to me this year. The Summa (not OV) and Occidental Ridge were both excellent if not a little young. This year I’m in for at least one of each and I’ll be maxing the Summa Old Vines.

I also noticed there was no Anderson Valley appellation bottling this year, I had planned to purchase that as well but will just pick up an extra Sonoma Coast.

It’s weird, I signed up for their mailing list early in 2019, plus some friends who know Will Segui have reached out to him at least on two occasions to make an introduction. And on their website, I show being signed up.

But I’ve never gotten any offer or other email from them. It’ll be interesting to see if I receive the pinot offer. Or maybe if I don’t, whether I can log in and order.

Or maybe this is just the universe’s way of telling me I don’t need to buy these.

In this release, the SC is a screaming buy. The Summa OV is absolutely wonderful if you can keep hands off them for five years or so. (My perception, along with TRB’s notes, is that the gap between the OV and the “Regular” Summa is closing a bit, and I’ve bought more of the latter than the former the last few years.

There really are no duds in the bunch. There are some massive Occidental fans on the board, and Silver Eagle is also terrific.

I will add that, to my palate, all RM pinots need at least a little time sideways. I struggle to lay off the SC bottles given their price points, but whenever I manage to let one get 2-3 years past release, I wonder why I don’t do it more often.

I have some Silver Eagle left. The 1 bottle allocation seems fair to those who want to actually drink it instead of flipping. I’ll be in for a mixed pack. The only other pinot in my collection are a few vintages of Aston Estate. $30 for the Sonoma Coast PN is a great deal.

Wow thanks all for the immediate response, I think I have a pretty good idea of what to pick up now.

Cheers!

Check your spam folder. My email from them this morning got quarantined.

Curses, foiled again! There goes that get-rich-quick scheme.

Yes indeed, that’s where it was. Thanks to Will for reaching out too.

Will, any chance you can post TRB’s notes early so we can plot out purchases?

Thx!