Rivers-Marie ‘19 Pinot Release

Thanks Will. Looking forward to placing my order next week.

FMIII and I blind tasted '18 RM Platt and OV Summa PN together. We both preferred the OVS but both are very good.

The Platt is a VERY dark pinot, it looked a typical SRH type PN in concentration.

The 2018 OVSumma is not like the previous vintages, stylistically, at this age. It has much more old world charm than any other OVS I’ve ever tasted. It wasn’t murky and loaded with strawberry, sandalwood, and no orange notes I could find. It’s a special wine.

That’s odd. Strawberry and orange peel were prominent parts of the wine when I tasted it.

Edit: Maybe that’s because I tasted the ‘19. newhere

Popped an ‘18 regular Summa tonight. We’ll see.
41E98C32-0073-417D-91F0-AFCFF19BDAC7.jpeg

Will there be a wish list function for non-platt?

Say you’re only offered 4 Summa but want 5?

I am actively hiding away my RM pinots so I don’t touch them. They are so damn good with a decade on em

Any one have the Occidental/RM scores??

Also so damn good right off the UPS truck. A real dilemma.

Occidental were in the stratosphere: 96-100. Rivers Marie were a little lower, but still good: 92 (for the appellation bottlings) to 96+.

I had the 2018 RM SC right off the truck (literally) and had to secure more right away. Within a few weeks I had rounded up 12 more. Not easy.

This statement is for the new members of the board, yes?

Not exactly understanding the question, but my statements are usually for everyone! (per tutti!).
‘right off the truck (figuratively)’ helps no one, especially the author.
Cheers

If I only have room to buy half a case, which 6 bottles should I take?

Sorry to be obscure - your reputation I had thought was often to drink right off the truck . . . hence the verbing of your name.

As always, I’ll take my full allotment (18 bottles plus Platt wish list request) abd will post a request on Commerce Corner for more Platt, OV Summa, and SC!

Cool. Understood. I guess I was attempting to be emphatic about how great the 2018 SC actually is. Most of the reason I have the reputation is I could never understand storing untasted wine that turned out to be just ho-hum about a few years down the road so I always give up a bottle to science unless it’s really rare. Wines like the Rivers-Marie Sonoma Coast are (were) the perfect wine to do such. Years ago I knew (imagined) Will was just expecting my email 45 minutes after delivery asking for more. Keep in mind I believe you then had 12 offered. Now with 3, it would not make as much sense but knowing how RM likes put put a certain percentage, albeit small, into retailers hands and it is attainable for the persistent, like me. I was lucky to only have to pay $5 more at retail last year. There was actually Platt available as well.
Cheers!

Yes

It’s too hard not to buy all 3 SC offered at the price…so if it was me…those 3, plus a bottle each of the Occidental, Summa, and Summa OV.

[cheers.gif]

I think this right. The SCs and Summas are the right starting points.

I keep going back and forth, and I want to buy more PN, I find it that sometimes I don’t have the right wine to pair a meal (I’m trying to drink wine with food more and more) and I have too much Napa Cab, Bordeaux and Italian (Super Tuscan IGT, BdM, some Barolo/Barbaresco) but I haven’t been opening PN. I did have a RM Summa '17 paired with Pekin Duck and oh my! what a wine. My fiance even said this was one of her favorite wines I’ve opened… So I guess what I’m saying is that I should just pull the trigger on a case and call it the day? I also recently had a an '18 Aubert UV-SL PN and that was also an experience (double decanted for 5hrs) for Thanksgiving… RM, Aubert, are there any other PN I should also try and get?
RMPN.PNG

Rodrigo, I am a big fan of PN from Peter Michael. All three of their PN bottlings are excellent in my opinion. Cheers!

1 Like