Rivers-Marie ‘19 Pinot Release

Clarice
Sandler
Loring
Beau Marchais

1 Like

Sojourn is definitely worth checking out. They typically have a great Berserker Day offer, too.

2 Likes

Rivers Marie is AWESOME been on the list for a while! You cannot go wrong with anything they have pinot cab or chard! any scores from AG?

AG scores range from 92 for the PN Sonoma to 96 for Platt and Summa OV but I don’t find the scores that important for RM wines. They are constantly excellent and have a recognizable style that still maintains individual vineyard integrity. You really can’t go wrong.

allow me to rephrase I meant tasting notes…

Just tried a 2018 Summa alongside 7 other wines and it was the top.choice. convinced me to go all in in Tuesday

Pinot is our go to wine and we drink it with a wide variety of food. I would look to add Littorai, Failla( they crushed it in 18. They have their Sonoma Coast and some 17’s still on the website) and Soliste. These are all wonderful wines with or without food and really age terrifically or decant them to drink young. RM pinot and chard should be an automatic as well.

I’d also add some Oregon into the mix but that’s a whole other thread. Kelly Fox, Arterberry, Belle Pente, Goodfellow.

Cheers

Keep in mind the Occidental wines reviewed were for the 18’s and the RM are 19. Good news is it’s both their current release. Littorai is in the que as well.

+1 on Sojourn. Just ordered my spring shipment.
Love their Pinot’s.

Merry Edwards is another solid choice in this price range as well.

Other California Pinot’s that I buy…If you want to spend a little more:
Williams Selyem
Wayfarer
Maxem
Chappellet(Grower Collection) and Joseph Phelps make really nice Pinots too.

I always looks forward to this Rivers Marie offer. Consistent quality at a fair price.

I bought the Cabs in the Fall for the first time, and I wasn’t planning to give the Pinots a look. But now the praise here is so high, FOMO is building…I curse all of you! [thankyou.gif]

1 Like

You will probably get people listing their favorite California producers as an answer. For me that would be (in no particular order):
Rhys
Rivers Marie
Williams Selyem
Littorai

That said for closets to style with Rivers Marie I would perhaps suggest Occidental. I don’t but from then and haven’t had a lot, but they seem to be in a similar wheelhouse.

Thanks, Clayton! this list is great. thank you for your suggestions

100% feel the same way! FOMO will get me purchase a few bottles.

I actually joined the list a few years ago for the cabs, but I look forward to the Pinot release just as much, and maybe more now. Sorry for your wallet.

I was on their list a long time ago. Since then I stopped ordering much mailing list wine, so I haven’t ordered from them in years. Wish I could order up a couple of pinots, though. I do enjoy them.

I just caved in and pulled the trigger on 1 of each of the 4 Occidental offerings. My palate is very in line with AG so those scores gave me too much fomo… Shipping is no joke though $54 for 4 bottles to NYC!

You purchased 2019 Rivers Marie Pinot today From Rivers Marie?

Is the offer open?

He’s saying he purchased wines from the winery named “Occidental.”

1 Like

Sorry for creating the confusion, I was just saying that after all of the recommendations I received from WB members re: Occidental PN I decided to pull the trigger on one of each of their bottlings. Still waiting until the 19th for the RM allocation!