Rogue River Blue Cheese

The truffle kunik is really insane too. Not very heavy truffle flavor and not chemical.

I been putting the RRB in arugula salad with some type of sliced pear, shaved toasted almonds, meyer lemon + walnut oil and heaps of pepper from the 4 pepper mill. Great salad.

1 Like

There Smokey Blue is my favorite blue cheese of all time. Pair it with some honey comb and enjoy.

Love the Rogue.

If you have a chance try the Stichleton from Murray’s. Amazing!

1 Like

Smokey Blue is really great and I’m not a blue cheese fan.

Have gotten a wheel of the rrb after getting a wedge of the 2019 and falling in love. The last of the 2020 (wrapped in parchment paper, sealed with a vacuum food saver and stored in a refrigerator) was deeper in flavor and more complex than the first of the 2021.

Looking forward to another year of enjoying the best cheese in the world and sharing it with friends.

I had a less than happy experience with Murray’s and may have to find an alternative source for my RRB.

1 Like

That’s sad to hear. I’ve always had amazing service from them. Was it an in-person deal or online?

A person.
I bought some RRB and decided while I was talking to her to get a few other cheeses. For some reason, she quote the employee discounts, so for example instead of paying the $24 quoted for Mimolette, I was invoiced for $40.

Impossible to get through to them ( holiday rush) and then the RRB was shipped in 8oz packages instead of the requested large piece, and they were wrapped in silver foil which makes them sweat and dries them out.

I ordered the 18 oz piece of RRB directly from their website and have been eating it for the better part of two weeks. No one in the crowd here for Christmas was a fan of blue cheese (darn!). This may be the best blue I’ve had, at least that I can recall. Ridiculously good with some 1997 and 2003 vintage port.

Interesting. I haven’t had previous vintages, but the '21 Rogue River is quite serious. Fudge is what they say on the wrapper, but several guests suggested other shades of brown. I do imagine it pairs wonderfully with the right wine.

Last chance to order before Summer hiatus. Just ordered a couple of pounds, and I am afraid it will spoil.

The local shop has this in the display now. I picked some up this AM after the farmer’s market. $50/lb. Got a small wedge with some Cornerstone, Campo d Montalban, and some thin slices of Jamon Serrano. I think wine and charcuterie is on the menu tonight.

1 Like

Same here.

We just got some at Costco for $33.99/lb. First time we’ve had it and we love it!

Just wondering how long anyone would expect it to keep well in the fridge? Trying to plan ahead and minimize shipments. Thanks

I kept mine in the fridge for weeks until I finally realized nobody was going to eat it and tossed it. Well wrapped it should have no issues for quite a while.

1 Like

We bought some last week that has a sell by date of 1/10/23. I’ve read that blue cheese doesn’t freeze very well.

1 Like

I bought one small extra wedge for the freezer since the shop was towards the end of the last wheel. I’ll post up how that goes here. If the texture changes for the worse I’ll make a sauce or something with it.

Rogue Blue with some Maison du Truffe and Langres.

That is likely the BEST blue there is and I’ll pay $50/lb to enjoy life that much.