Rogue River Blue Cheese

I am sorry to say this year’s batch as extremely disappointing. Tried from a couple of sources, less complex, sharper, a very ordinary blue cheese. I know it’s an agricultural product, but this year’s batches bear no resemblance to last year or previous years.

Please find my wholehearted recommendation rescinded. Hopefully next year will be better.

Next year is better, thank God. Possibly the best I have tasted. E mailed by the owner of Second Mouse, my wonderful, local cheese shop, that it was back to where it was. Had it at a friend’s house, among other cheeses. It disappeared in a matter of minutes.

Bought some at Wegman’s two days ago. This was slightly more dense and less sweet than some years, I always enjoy this. Also, a wheel of raw-milk Citeaux arrived from France today :grinning:.

The wedge noted above from November 2022 is still in my freezer.

Rogue River Blue just hit our local Costco. $34.49/lb

I bought a wedge from WF a couple of weeks ago. I think it was $45/lb. I think this year is much better than the last one I had.

I have purchased from two wheels. The first was superb, as good as any I have had. The second was better than last year, but shared some of its unlikeable qualities. Will sample now before I buy.

I like RRB and love Rogue River Caveman Blue.

I bought a small piece from a local cheese merchant. Small because their price was way too high. That said, it was excellent, as good as I can remember having for RRB.