Sabelli-Frisch Wines BD11 offer *EXTENDED FOR CORONA!*

Thanks for doing that, Sean. Have no idea how to do that. I’m registered at CT, but have not used it much. In fact, I get really impressed when people here manage to connect a wine review to CT somehow - how they do that?

I also want to thank all people who bought on here. I’m absolutely blown away by how many people did so from a producer that is brand new, with no track record and with “challenging” grapes. I sure hope the wines don’t disappoint. I had a number in mind - I thought, if more than 10 people buy something, I’d consider that a huge success. Without putting a number on it, I can tell you that number was shattered many times over, which shows the power of WB! [cheers.gif]

I did extend offer to 31st for those that might fancy it, as I have enough stock to cover that. Also a huge shoutout to Robert B who bought not only one, but two cases off me! flirtysmile

Adam,

I got the CT Link fixed up…

Check here:

posting CT reviews in WB is easy…

1. write a note.
  2. click the triangle in the corner and click publish to other site
  3. Click continue to step 3
  4. Either cut and paste into post or used the preview or submit buttons (you need to be logged into WB in another tab for this to work)

Click on the images above to expand them and show them in a resolution you can read. Good luck submitting notes.

You did a very good job of presenting the wines in terms of the back story, tasting notes and wine/bottle presentation. Some veterans of BD could learn from you.

Agree 1.5L percent.

(And btw, I used an Illinois address but I do need to change it. I’m not expecting shipping to occur until March. Will keep you poste.)

As I start the first deliveries tomorrow (if wife lets me have the car) for my LA customers, I thought I’d just give my personal thoughts on how they present the best:

Mission: Pop and pour - it’s ready to go. Ageability: this is on the softer, velvety side, so my hunch says this should be drunk within a few years.
Alicante Bouschet: Benefits from a decant. Also benefits from being ever so slightly below room temp, in my opinion. Ageability: This wine has potential to age well. Out of all the wines now bottled, probably the one that is the most young in feel. Don’t be in a hurry with it.
Marsanne: Do not chill this wine too much, it doesn’t suit it. I tend to drink it just below room temp, or like a lighter red. Ageability: Should age very nicely - it has the tannins and acid for it.
Flame Tokay: Pretty much pop and pour. But a quickish-decant would probably not hurt it. Ageability: Aging rosé? Sure, why not. If there’s one that could take it, it’s probably this due to its prolonged skin time.

The NorCal deliveries I’m debating if I might deliver personally too, as I have some meetings set up there and might just make a trip out of it. But haven’t decided quite yet. For the other states, that will most likely ship mid to end of next week with FedEx.

Thanks again for your support! [cheers.gif]

Hoping that an influencer will open a thread in winetalk. Meanwhile, Adam knocked on my door yesterday with the case and we had a nice chat. An hour later I popped the Flame Tokay for a few other nerds (real nerds, not winos). My first thought was that this should not be served too cold and probably in a larger Burgundy glass. My second observation was that the wine got better and better and probably at peak 3 hrs after being opened. Everyone loved it, and it was competing with and winning against a St Julien and a Margaret River Cab.
Slightly dusty spicy aromas. Excellent volume but not at all heavy and a lingering finish. This is not a Rosé, probably a little more serious, but a wine I really want to drink again. Sorry not to be more specific, but all that really matters is: like or not like, and this was definitely a LIKE for all.
General observation on the labels; Adam is listing alc, brix, RS, and pH. I’m happy to report that the first three numbers are all very modest and that last not too low. Nothing stands out as being out of place. Very old school. At this point I’m really looking forward to opening the others and I feel that only one person was smart enough to order more than a case. Adam is clearly on to something and it is potentially very exciting.

Oh my god, Peter - kindest words! Not only does Peter come up with this, the nicest review - he gave me a Carlisle Zinfandel from his great collection as well. As in Carlisle - the stuff that’s amazing and impossible to get? What a gentleman. [cheers.gif] flirtysmile

To all who have waited so patiently, the distributor here ran out of wine shippers. So early next week I’ll go up to Sacramento and get them myself and should be able to ship to all remaining waiting customers mid week next week (if it isn’t too hot).

Those here locally who have already gotten their deliveries, I have heard only positive feedback and reviews so far. [cheers.gif] flirtysmile

Thank you for your patience.

BD Sampler Pack Arrived. Looking forward to giving one a try after a suitable resting period!
0271E179-E1DE-4ED5-B391-AA74779B4AF3.jpeg

Have you tried them yet?

How about now?

Ha! No offense to Mike, but I am not a Pobega kind of guy. They’ll get a proper rest. [cheers.gif]

Sampler just arrived!

Love the presentation on these! Excited to try them in a few weeks.

Travel Shock?
[stirthepothal.gif] newhere

My wines arrived last night. Like the look and a nice thank you note inside. Can’t wait to try these.

Unloading my bottles I noticed this little number.
95529D85-C0B8-4BFF-9898-99303C80D80A.jpeg

Yes, although it would be a brilliant marketing trick to let everyone have bottle no 0001, I’m afraid that the sad truth is that the printer screwed it up. It’s supposed to say the second number, ie 1639/2600. But for some reason they printed every bottle with 0001 and then the rising number after… [head-bang.gif] God knows why. By the time I caught it, it was already too late and bottling had started. You can still tell everyone you got the first one [highfive.gif] , but secretly know that you have bottle 1639/2600. My apologies. First year mishaps. [thankyou.gif]

That’s an even better story! [cheers.gif]

In these trying and scary times, I’ve decided to extend my initial BD offer for as long as this Corona lockdown is in place or I run out of stock, whichever comes first. You’ve probably heard from some members here that they’ve been well received, so far. Remember, free shipping on all of them! And I can ship very quickly, too, now that it’s all in place. [cheers.gif]

And if you want to substitute some wines for another, just drop me an email and I’ll accommodate that as long as I don’t run out, no problem (I only made 120 cases of the rosé, so that’s the one with the lowest stock).

$99 5-bottle sampler:

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-sampler-offer

$199 12-bottle sampler:

https://www.sabelli-frisch.com/wines/bd-case-offer

Thanks! Don’t suffer through these bad times drinking bad wines! grouphug

And if you’re afraid to commit to a potential “pig in a poke” wine, an unknown, maybe La Malinche’s 91-92pts score on CT will ease the fears:

Milk Fed, the Marsanne has a 92pt score:

No notes for the Alicante or Flame Tokay yet on CT.

flirtysmile

First post for my first purchase - it better be worth it Adam. Kidding, looking forward to trying your wines! Had to dust off the ol’ PayPal, that account hasn’t seen the light of day in years…