San Diego help

Is that because we’re too far from the coast? :wink:

Mexican seafood is quite good here in my opinion.

Yes, the beans are from closer [wink.gif] You can get good fish anywhere. Where else can you get awesome authentic homemade Mexican food, fresh handmade warm tortillas, Menudo, and the like. Of course, Marshall is from LA so he can get it there too, it just tastes better in San Diego.

Agreed…there are literally hundreds of options. My favorites are:

tacos gordo in chula vista
tony’s jacal in solana beach
agave in old town
aqui es texcoco in chula vista
super cocina in city heights
puesto in la jolla (very good and great scene)

have read good things, but have not yet been to
Leña Craft Mexican in La Jolla
TJ Oyster Bar in Bonita
Galaxy Taco in La Jolla (owned by George’s)

Bracero will likely close shortly because Javier departed as EC, but I was not that impressed with the food the 2 times I ate there…cool spot

In Little Italy, Herb and Wood is THE spot. Chef Brian Malarkey from Top Chef fame, great food, pretty people to look at, good wine list.

For a great steak/wine meal, go to Cowboy Star in East Village. Hands down best steakhouse in SD in my opinion.

Trust in Hillcrest is considered the best new resto in SD. Go for brunch or dinner- been there a half dozen times and its all been next level tasty.

Going to be in town in May. Staying at Humphreys Half Moon. Looking for a shop close by to pick up a few bottles to bring back to Canada. Anything good in that area?

Bird Rock Wines and 3rd Corner are your best bets IMO

Thanks for the tips.

We are coming in next Friday night and would like to eat good Mexican food in the Gaslamp or near our hotel the Marriott Marquis and Marina since it will be 8:30 at the earliest after we check in. Although perhaps not at the level of your favorites farther out, any restaurants to recommend close to where we will be? Thanks!

Coasterra on Harbor Island(near airport,short ride)
Puesto at The Headquarters (walking distance from your hotel)
El Agave in Old Town (farther away)
If you want a taco/burrito place Lucha Libre (counter service) at Washington and I5 is very good (between Downtown and Old Town)
If you want good Mexican Seafood Karinas in Chula Vista (farther out)

Hope that helps, if you have more questions feel free to send me a message.

Thank you!
Robert

I had Sunday brunch at Trust a week ago; top notch food and some decent wines to pair with brunch, like sparklers and roses. Sat outside; quite pleasant.

no help for dr L and his merry band of surgeons? (Request is in epicurean exploits looking for downtown Italian).

Going next week with a 9 month old. Any sit down restaurants that are also child friendly near downtown that people recommend?

We ate at juniper and ivy and craft and commerce with our 3 year old, both were pretty loud and boisterous so totally fine for kids. We liked j&I much better, they even made our kid a delicious grilled cheese. I don’t remember the highchair situation.

Staying at the Hyatt Manchester next week and would appreciate any recs for nearby wine stores and restaurants. Thanks!

Vino Carta for wine. So many restaurants down there now it’s ridiculous

I’m staying near Petco Park so thinking about going to opening day tomorrow. Anyone in the area has an extra ticket, please send me a PM.

The clearance shelves today at Krisp

I’m ok with aged massican for $15, prieler for $10…yw
74F30D4C-EBA8-4592-BAEE-41B00D983C26.jpeg
DF161D6A-70F9-42A6-8B21-5B49B61806AB.jpeg

Any recs for a good spot in Little Italy? Heading to San Diego this weekend.