San Francisco Jan 13/14

Hah friendly people! This will be fun. I volunteer to look into spaces.

Turning out to be quite the crew! I would love to meet up again; 14th would work best for me.

There is a lot of interest in the 13th or 14th, after some discussion we’re going to settle on the 13th.

Update:
Monday January 13
6pm
Hillside Supper Club
300 Precita (a bit south of Cesar Chavez Ave)
San Francisco
Reservation for 14 (current count of attendees responding by Friday 12/6)
Dinner will be $65 each plus tax & tip, served family style. Corkage is waived. We will manage our own bottles.

The food at Hillside is quite good, and it’s very quiet on a Monday. For a group this big they would only do family style.

If anyone has a better idea and can get a reservation for a group this size in the city please send me a pm. There are some private rooms in the city that would run $150 -$200 per person but that is far above what SF offlines have historically budgeted.

I’m going to ask everyone to confirm this week by Friday Dec. 5 so I can make a booking. Please respond here or to my private messages!

Herwig
ER Park - confirmed
Scott B - confirmed
Andy K - confirmed
Yao C - confirmed
Leonard Maran - confirmed
Daniel Kim - confirmed
Richard F - confirmed
Bill K - confirmed.
Eric Lundblad - confirmed

Withdrawn:
Larry Stein
Andrea V
Jesse C
Stephen
George
Cindy W
Andrew

Confirmed :slight_smile:

Thank you Rich for taking on the burden of organizing

Please count me in for the 13th

I’m confirmed as well

I’m in for the 13th!

If Mssr Janssen is up for doing two consecutive nights, and open for a journey to San Mateo like the last time some of us broke bread with him, I could arrange a private room for Jan 14th at a well regarded sushi/Japanese venue that a good number of us have been to repeatedly.

I’m confirmed for the 13th

I’m in for the 13th. However, if the 14th happens at Yuzu, I’ll attend there instead. That restaurant is only a 10 minute drive from home.

I am confirmed as well for the 13th. Thanks for organizing!

Confirmed for the 13th!

I’d do Yuzu as well if it happens.

I can make the 13th

Rich - thanks for the note. Still free both days, but if we do the SF/Peninsula split like last time, I’d prefer the peninsula location as well. Looking forward to catching up with folks.

To be clear, it looks like the peninsula is not happening on the 14th. I will put you on the list for the 13th.

Is the peninsula not happening because Herwig can’t make it? Seems to be a good opportunity to reduce the number of attendees on both days to something more reasonable…

I would only be in for the City. Too bad it’s not on the Tuesday, as Zazie in Cole Valley has free corkage on Tuesdays. I know I need to RSVP by the 5th, but I’ve no clue as to the venue.

At this point, I’m still in, but it’s possible that I may need to bail due to work considerations (big mid-January deadline). I think what there needs to be is a firm cancellation date deadline (48 hours to a week prior, for example) so that the restaurants aren’t left hanging. Lots can happen between now and the offline dates!

Note updated details above.

Thanks, Rich! Looking forward to it.