San Francisco Jan 13/14

Leonard here confirming: looking forward~

Thank you for organizing Rich . This will be a lot of fun . I will bring magnums on Monday ….
I hope we can taste some great West coast wines .

I’m in if there’s room…if not, no worries.

Hi all - it now looks like I may need to be in trial those days. While I’d love to attend, I see there is a waitlist for this. I think its best at this time that I give up my spot so that someone the waitlist can properly plan to attend. If the trial ends up moving, I will check back in to see if another spot opens up. Thanks.

I’m also going to need to bow out. Work deadlines in January. Looks like there are 2 folks on the waiting list so they can take my and Jesse’s spots.

Thanks for letting us know Larry and Jesse. Another time!

Since we’re less than a week away, should we start noting what folks plan to bring? With this number of people, we might be able to get some mini-verticals going. At a minimum, it behooves us to limit the possibility of a couple dozen Napa cabs getting opened, with zero representation of other varietals and regions… [swoon.gif]

And if Herwig has any particular requests of varietals/regions he’d like to taste (“great West Coast wines” is pretty broad, sir!) that would certainly be welcome!

To kick things off, I’m thinking a Thomas PN with some age (Herwig liked the Thomas I brought the last time I offlined with him a few years back) and a Cayuse with some age. Or possibly an early Andremily…

I have a 2006 Pax Walker Vine Hill magnum lined up :slight_smile:

I’m guessing a lot of people will bring reds… I could offer Ultramarine bubbles or Aubert/Littorai/Rhys Chardonnay

@Andy Ultramarine sounds awesome. I’ve got a 2010 VHR teed up. Yea Napa Cab but wth.

Assuming I’m over my cold, I’ll bring a 2017 Ladd Cuvee Voile Chardonnay, a ‘sous voile’ chardonnay…my second vintage of this, the first was 2014 (I vetted bringing this with Alan Rath, who’s had it & gave his thumbs up), and another bottle to be determined (on what I find in my locker!).

I’ve discovered at the last minute I have a conference dinner on that night, so won’t be able to make it.

Which is too bad-- looks like a pretty cool lineup is beginning to form!

I will bring a white Burgundy … magnum probably . I am really looking forward , thank you !

I have to withdraw, I’d have to leave court early, no time for BART, find parking, drive 120 miles roundtrip, and drive 290 miles the next day for a training. I’d start out the week beaten up. Have fun guys and Cindy!

I have a '87 Montelena cab to bring. Someone needs to represent Napa. Hmm, I may also bring an '02 Peay Syrah.

Please add me to the waitlist. If there is room, I would like to join.

Thanks George!

Bringing a pair of 2012 Williams Selyems, Rochioli Riverblock PN and Papera Zin.

Bill, you can join. No need to be on the waitlist!

Thankfully I’m over my cold.

I’ll be bringing a 2001 Domaine de L’Arlot 1er Cru Clos des Forêts St. Georges (not the young vines version), in addition to the chardonnay.

Hey guys, unfortunately I can not make it. My wife is out of town and I need to stay home with my son.