San Francisco Jan 13/14

Thanks for letting us know. Another time!

I arrived yesterday and went for dinner to restaurant Saison , very nice . We had a great wine : Calera 2000 pinot Selleck Vineyard ( Mt Harlan ) . Wow , such a concentration but elegant at the same time .

Well done, Herwig. See you tomorrow! I’ve got a 2004 Thomas PN standing right now. Doing a coin flip to determine whether I bring Cayuse or Aubert for the second bottle…

Looking forward seeing you , ER . ( I never had Cayuse , Aubert a few times )…

See you guys tomorrow, I’ll bring a 78 Clos du Val, will bring a Cayuse Armada as a back up. Or second bottle.

Count me in for an 87 Mondavi Reserve with a Cayuse God Only Knows.

[snort.gif]

‘11 Cayuse Armada Vineyard Syrah is slow-oxing. ‘04 Thomas PN will be pop and pour at HSC. See y’all in a bit over 5 hours!

0485A813-C0BE-436E-A488-2951A2DA0E82.jpeg

Got pulled in to a work function and won’t be back to SF until late tonight. Will have to miss out on this.

Thank you all for a fun and interesting evening. It’s great to reconnect with old friends and make new ones. The stars IMHO were the classic Napa cabs - 1979 Clos du Val and 1987 Montelena and Robert Mondavi Reserve. But especially that CdV. There were other standouts but I was intrigued by the 2011 Cayuse Armada. The 2007 Hospices de Beaune Corton-Charlemagne Cuvée Salins was a charming classic white burg, a rare treat. Eric, thank you for sharing some of Ladd’s stunning chardonnays. Many other lovely wines, thank you everyone.

Thank you for a great evening . I agree with Rich’s assessment of the wines .The Clos du Val 79 was fantastic as a lot of other wines including that sparkling wine and the Montelena .
We discussed how we organize our tastings in Belgium . You can check www.vinotopia.be to check us out ( the Euryanthe tastings : Euryanthe is the name of the restaurant and we call ourselves now the Euryanthe wine club ) . Always blind tastings around a theme.

What a fun evening! Rich, thanks for planning. Great choice on restaurant. Good to meet some new folks… Herwig, Eric. Leonard, I didn’t get to chat with you… maybe next time. I think the gauntlet has been thrown down. Time for a themed blind tasting.

That was a great evening…thanks for organizing and including me! It was great to meet everyone…too bad it’s so impractical to swap places at the table. I loved the opportunity to taste the excellent line of of Cab/related wines, my favs were the 79 Clos du Val, the Arietta (02 H block?) and the Montelena. I also loved how the Corton-Charley transformed into a bright/youthful/characterful wine. And the other wines I’m forgetting. Thanks again.

For the record, the sparkler was the 2014 Ultramarine Rosé. Very tasty, best Ultramarine I’ve had.

Scott, my pleasure. Please invite me to your blind tasting event!

Was a pleasure meeting you Herwig and I’m so glad you enjoyed the Clos du Val! I’ve set aside the 78 and the 79 for your next visit. champagne.gif