San Francisco Offline - April 22nd 2022

I don’t mind - have never been. FWIW I’m ok with paying corkage, but any chance we can get them to agree to a straight $40 per person and we’ll just bring as many as we want? If we handle all the opening and pouring and maybe bring our own stems, I don’t see how that could be objectionable

Happy to ask!

1 Like

Interested +1.

This looks awesome. I am based in the Mission and quicky building out my cellar and looking for events like this but unfortunately cannot make it. Would love to attend the next get together.

Added! Looking forward to having you, Stephen.

Sorry to miss you. I’ll keep you in mind for future events. Would eventually love to get a recurring dinner together or tasting group.

FYI, Angler’s corkage is $50 per bottle for the first two bottles; $100 for each succeeding bottle. So I’m not sure that makes a lot of sense.

50% chance I’ll be in Europe that week but if that trip falls through, and there’s still a seat avaialble, I’d be interested.

Returning to the question of theme for a moment; I think we’re agreed on Old World but would like to see if we’re leaning towards any specific region - Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone, etc

I’m pretty open, but my preference would be to not have Bordeaux as a theme. I don’t dislike the wines and I’m okay with a few bottles, but would just prefer not to have everything be Bordeaux…

I’m open but my preference would be to have a mix. I had imagined starting lighter with White Burgs + Chablis, then on to Red Burgundy, and finishing with Bordeaux and Rhone. Something like that.

Hi Jonathan, I’ll add you as tentative. Please let me know if you’re able to make it

Please do. Would be great to meet and do these regularly.

Were you able to work out a corkage deal?

And is anyone bringing a white?

I have had the (?) pleasure of meeting a few of the people attending this one :wink: You sure you know what you’re getting into, Tyler?

Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

2 Likes

Still working on corkage (as of now its 40 per bottle but trying to get flat 40 per person). For white, I’ve got a mag of 02 Marc Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets I could bring that may be fun.

@Mike not a clue, but willing to take the risk! Haha

Ok, I’ve worked out a deal on corkage. We can bring as much as we’d like for a flat fee of $400 ($44 per person with 9 people). We’ll also need to handle the opening and pouring as Yao suggested. I’d recommend we bring glassware as well.
They were a bit concerned that with a “unlimited” amount of wine that we would be a bit loud so I assured them that we would be respectful of the other guests.

Sounds good, Tyler. Might be worth pinging some of the early responders here and make sure they’re still coming.

Curtis Chen BBaker Yao C Lawrence Wang Stephen Chen JonathanG

Can you all please confirm for next week?
Thanks!

Not looking good for me at the moment.