San Francisco Offline - April 22nd 2022

Confirmed thanks

Confirmed - looking forward to it! I also like the idea of having a mix of wines and am happy to bring white or red (or Champagne) champagne.gif

Confirmed!

Hey Tyler, sorry, but I can’t attend. My event for the 23rd was moved to the 22nd shortly shortly after I RSVP’d for this, so there’s a time conflict (again, sorry for the late update). Thank you very much for planning though. Hope to meet some of you soon, especially the glou man (Andy K!)

1 Like

Confirmed here, though no +1.

Also Italian ok given the restaurant?

Sign me up. Thank Tyler.

1 Like

Sorry to miss you, Curtis. Thanks for letting me know!

Added! Thanks, Cindy.

Thanks, Stephen. Noted no +1.

I believe Italian would be ok unless the group would prefer to do all French. I’m open.

Half of the fun is planning for the wine. I am totally fine with Italian wine, it’s old world.

Anyone wants to start?

Let’s start planning!

I’ll be bringing a mag of 02 Marc Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets + 1986 d’Yquem to finish the night

Nice! How about 1999 Bertheau Bonnes Mares

1 Like

Sounds great!

Love Bertheau! Thinking 2010 Burlotto Monvigliero but also have a few Bordeaux’s that could be interesting.

The Burlotto Monvigliero sounds awesome

I’m excited to try everything mentioned so far!
I could go a few different directions…
If Champagne, I was thinking Selosse Initial
Since Tyler’s bringing a mag of white Burgundy I’m not as inclined to bring more, but I was eying a 10 PYCM Chassagne Vides Bourses
For a second red Burgundy, maybe a 99 Gros Clos Vougeot Musigni or a 96 Clavelier Chambolle Combe d’Orveaux
For a second Barolo, I have some 03 G. Rinaldi Brunate Le Coste that should be drinking well based on a bottle last December

Selfishly I’d love to try the Rinaldi since I’ve never had the producer before, but will defer to everyone else :slight_smile:

That sounds very exciting so far! For the options provided, my votes would be Burlotto and Selosse :slight_smile:

From my cellar, I was initially thinking a white (there are never enough whites at these dinners :wink:): 2011 Comtes Lafon Meursault Poruzots or 2007 Dauvissat Clos.

But with things shifting more towards Italian, I could also offer 2004 Giacosa Falletto or a 2010 Valentini Trebbiano plus something TBD.

These all sound exciting! My votes would be the Burlotto and a difficult decision between Selosse and the Rinaldi (but given the food, I’d maybe lean into the Rinaldi. Such a fantastic producer).

Andy, both the Dauvissat and the Falletto would be excellent choices.

If we want more Italian, I could switch the d’Yquem out for a Pergole Torte? Maybe 03, need to check.