Sandlands 2020 — Anyone know when?

Hi Tegan,

Do you have any thoughts or tasting notes on the individual wines to get our mouths watering before tomorrow?

While I delight in the uncommon varieties that Tegan has represented to date, I am quite excited for the merlot and chardonnay, and then the zinfandel.

I had assumed that Sandlands couldn’t make zinfandel, given Tegan’s role with Turley, but that’s really none of my business, and I’m just excited to see a Sandlands zin.

I need to think about my order here in advance - you have to act pretty quickly when it hits, and it’s a complex set of choices to make.

Can anyone (especially Tegan!) tell me about Coombsville? There is only a modest number of wines represented from there in CT. Maybe more of the grapes from there go into Napa Valley designated wines? Maybe it’s really small? Maybe both?

If anyone know anything interesting about the area, the character of the wines, etc. to share, I’d love to hear.

Failla Haynes Vineyard Chard is from the Coombsville AVA. Stuff is incredible!!!

Farella, Favia, Paul Hobbs, Arrow & Branch among others produce some great wines with fruit from Coombsville AVA. Its in the South Eastern foothills end of the Valley and is a little cooler than say St. Helena and Calistoga. Chard, merlot, cab franc, cabernet sauvignon all seem to do very well there. Excited to try the Sandlands Chard from that AVA if any is offered…

These wines are sick! Just checked my notes - every vintage I’ve tried (2010, 2011, 2012, 2016) has been great. 2017s are in the offsite locker getting some age. No brainer purchase.

I think Tegan owns a few old vine Zin vineyards in Lodi now.

Looks like the website notes are being updated:

https://www.sandlandsvineyards.com/wines

Do we know what time?

It is usually in this release, I sure hope they have not stopped producing it.

We plan to release our 2018 wines, along with two wines from 2017, on Wednesday, January 29th (tomorrow) to our customers who have previously purchased.

Wines to be released:

2017 Coombsville Chardonnay - 1 barrel produced
2017 Coombsville Merlot - 2 barrels produced
2018 Amador County Mission - 2 barrels produced
2018 Contra Costa County Carignane - 6 barrels produced
2018 Contra Costa County Mataro - 2 barrels produced
2018 Lodi Chenin Blanc - 8 barrels produced
2018 Lodi Cinsault - 8 barrels produced
2018 Lodi Red Table Wine - 8 barrels produced
2018 Napa Valley Refosco - 1 barrels produced
2018 Sonoma County Chardonnay - 4 barrels produced

Past releases were around 2 PM EST

Hmmmm. As someone who signed up late last year after allocations, I sure hope I can participate at some point in this release!

I signed up January 17th of last year and didn’t get access until the second wave of the Sandlands release on February 14th. Was still able to order a mixed case.

Thanks for the spark of optimism, Brendan!

Looks like you can see (but not yet buy) your allocations already. As a first-time buyer last year (buying my full allocation), here’s mine (no quantities yet):

2018 Lodi Chenin Blanc
2018 Lodi Cinsault
2018 Lodi Red Table Wine
2018 Sonoma County Chardonnay

If the allocations listed currently are correct, then im still in n00b status (first purchase last year) and dont have an offer for the merlot or mataro

If anyone does not want part of their allocation for either of these, please let me know

Thanks!

That’s not saying much since most of Napa is like an oven in summer. Cool would be Carneros…

My allocation was previously showing the same four wines (no quantities), now showing a blank page when I refresh. Previous allocations may not have been accurate.

I am also seeing a blank page and purchased last year.

Looking forward to this release!

Yup, mine is now blank as well. Hoping for a bottle of the Coombsville chardonnay, but that’s probably wishful thinking.